Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Orchestra 2 : Heroes of Stalingrad (PC)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Im guessing it was available at 12:00
    Installing now, getting a nice 2.5mb download :)

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭jackoire

Ive been playing the beta for a hour or two, its lots of fun :D
    Bit of getting used to, i havent tryed the tanks yet. I will when i theres 4-5 of us so we can get a squad going.

There are some bugs, the game has crashed twice on me already. Also i got a bug where it would randomly fire and a map persistant icon on my screen.

Apart from that it runs ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Krieg wrote: »
    Im guessing it was available at 12:00
    Installing now, getting a nice 2.5mb download :)

where's your DL Location set to ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,330 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I'm pretty poor at this so far. It's tone and flow of play are very different from other shooters. Clearing buildings has more importance, since buildings tend to have full interiors, basements, and multiple floors. Plus the wrong weapon in such circumstances is a serious disadvantage.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Like the first RO and killing floor Tripwire have nailed the weapon mechanics.
    However the game needs some attention and tweaking before release in two weeks.
    I only played 20 mins so far but it plays well,its great to play a thoroughbred old school pc multiplayer shooter.
    It needs some work before release but its got massive potential.

• Advertisement

SeantheMan wrote: »
    where's your DL Location set to ?

it was set to london

I think this game should have undergone more alpha testing, I personally dont think its ready for beta, way too many bugs.

Only bugs ive come across are UI issues, game crashes along with some clipping.
    Apart from that it plays similar to the old RO which is awesome but with a better engine.
    Its a lot of fun, finished article will be awesome.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

I think this game should have undergone more alpha testing, I personally dont think its ready for beta, way too many bugs.

At least with Tripwire you can be assured they will keep working to iron out the bugs well after the games release, unlike some other developers. They are in it for the long haul.

Trust me - the game has come a long way since it entered Beta testing. I'm sure it will come on even more over the next few weeks. ;)

Really got stuck into this lastnight and thoroughly enjoyed it.
    TW have assured the community they will sort the issues.
    Thye have already released a 700 mb patch for this final beta.
    The finished product should be excellent.
    Great to see a PC only fps designed specifically for pc, lol imgaine the console guys trying to play this with their pads :D
    This things requires insane precision, more than any other fps ive played and ive played them all :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Meirleach

I think one of the most annoying errors that doesn't cause a crash, is that one where you kill someone on the enemy team, die at almost the same time, get auto balanced, and get your kill counted as a team kill losing honour and netting yourself negative points!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Biggest bug I get is when I join a team midgame, can't see any Spec mode for the team and can't join even after selecting or choosing weapon. need to wait for next map

This just gets better the more i play, easily the best fps ive ever played in terms of how the weapons feel.
    Simply awesome representation of powerful weaponry and the horrors of war.
    Roll on release day.

Nice preview here http://www.armchairgeneral.com/red-orchestra-2-heroes-of-stalingrad-pc-game-preview.htm

I got a red orchestra 2 server up and running now.
    Luckily i had a student license for windows server 2003

The server name is 1PARA RO2 Server
    IP : 188.165.206.50:7777
    Max players:64

New build coming aswell as 3 new maps,if only every games developer were as tuned into and listened to their community as tripwire.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

Hmmm I am iffy about this one

I loved Day of Defeat but the destructible terrain in BCBF2 has spoilt me.

I've watched a few videos of RO2 and it almost looks a little cartoonish?

I might give it a shot, how do I get access to the beta? do I have to buy the deluxe version on steam?

Jonny7 wrote: »
    Hmmm I am iffy about this one

I loved Day of Defeat but the destructible terrain in BCBF2 has spoilt me.

I've watched a few videos of RO2 and it almost looks a little cartoonish?

I might give it a shot, how do I get access to the beta? do I have to buy the deluxe version on steam?

Cartoonish?? mate you couldnt be further from the truth.
    Deluxe edition to gain beta access yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Hey will this version of the Deluxe Edition get me into the beta or does it have to be the steam one ?

http://www.direct2drive.co.uk/2/11256/product/Buy-Red-Orchestra-2:-Heroes-of-Stalingrad-D2D-Digital-Deluxe-Edition-Download

coz this works out about 10 euro cheaper (if they dont do play.com like exchange rates).

I wanna play it now but dont wanna fork out 40 euro if i dont even like it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Really enjoying this at the moment. Have had a few ctd, but nothing major. Very impressed with the feel and sound of the weapons. Looking forward to playing on a proper server with proper squads.

Spunge wrote: »
    Hey will this version of the Deluxe Edition get me into the beta or does it have to be the steam one ?

http://www.direct2drive.co.uk/2/11256/product/Buy-Red-Orchestra-2:-Heroes-of-Stalingrad-D2D-Digital-Deluxe-Edition-Download

coz this works out about 10 euro cheaper (if they dont do play.com like exchange rates).

I wanna play it now but dont wanna fork out 40 euro if i dont even like it.

Yes that should work, you can get it from greenmangaming.com also there is a discount too. I think you just get a steam key, like you do on greenmangaming.

Add me on steam for a game : jacko1984

• Advertisement

Another patch just in.

Lets see if I can play now :)

Nope....

Another patch just in.

Lets see if I can play now :)

Nope....

3 new maps, Yay :)
    My servers updated to, had the full 64 players earlier wondered why it was so quite then i noticed there was a new patch.

Btw whats the issue Krieg

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Really enjoying this at the moment. Have had a few ctd, but nothing major. Very impressed with the feel and sound of the weapons. Looking forward to playing on a proper server with proper squads.

Got new mates? :p

jackoire wrote: »
    Btw whats the issue Krieg

Failing to connect to server and no servers showing up. The issues come and go, gonna have another crack at some of the fixes mentioned on TW forums in the morning.

Failing to connect to server and no servers showing up. The issues come and go, gonna have another crack at some of the fixes mentioned on TW forums in the morning.

Ye either connect by friends or by ip until theres a fix :( .

Try recently played in the server list to see the new maps, but but but im having crashes within 2 mins of joining a server since the patch, big threads on official forums reporting the same.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Saw this pic on a different forum,the driver took a direct hit :D How cool is that.

Saw this pic on a different forum,the driver took a direct hit :D How cool is that.

Haha thats pretty funny :D
    The death animations and sounds are the best ever.

Already this beta is probably the best fps ive played in years,they have improved upon what made RO ostfront so great.

• Advertisement
  • Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

What server are you guys playing on?

Advertisement