Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Orchestra 2 : Heroes of Stalingrad (PC)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Im mostly playing on the official TW servers but also play on the the 116th server.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

What's the deal with tanks? Does each side on a map get them? How are they countered? Sticky bombs? Mines?

They are countered by the anti tank infantry class that carry both sticky bombs and also an anti tank rifle, cant remember the names but they pack a huge punch tanks may need a few shots depending on where you hit them, weak spots etc.
    Shooting infantry with these yokes makes a mighty mess :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Do you guys still have no server list in-game.
    Ive had it for 2 days and have still never seen a single server there.
    Just connecting through IP on console

Spunge wrote: »
    Do you guys still have no server list in-game.
    Ive had it for 2 days and have still never seen a single server there.
    Just connecting through IP on console

Mine is fine today mate, yesterday i had to click on recently played to see the new maps added to the beta.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

hopefully they will release a demo at some stage.vaguely rememer playing the mod and not enjoying it much.

I've mellowed out in my old age so might give this a shot again

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Can't believe I've put 10 hours into this already, really enjoying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Finally got it working tonight and loved it
    Great improvements from the previous, a worthy sequel.

I actually lol'd when our commissar threatened to shoot us for not taking objectives, thats immersive game play right there :p

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Stingerbar

Ah, no matter how many fixes I try it endlessly crashes.

• Advertisement

Stingerbar wrote: »
    Ah, no matter how many fixes I try it endlessly crashes.

Yeah, it was fine for me the last 2 days but today its just non-stop crashing. Don't even want to bother anymore. :(

Best tip to stop crashing is set shadows to anything but low.
    Apparently its sorted things for lots of users, either way i fully expect TW to sort any issues really fast.
    They are one of the few devs dedicated to PC gaming.
    I for one am happy to support them.
    Really looking forward to full release next week, already its awesome in beta form.

Yet another patch and maps for the final beta.

details here
    http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=61596

Were these maps in the beta before ?

This spartanovka (or whatever) is cool

Were these maps in the beta before ?

This spartanovka (or whatever) is cool

Not in the final beta.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Stingerbar

This game is being released in 4 days right?

This ain't looking good. None of the builds or fixes will work for me on two separate machines.

Stingerbar wrote: »
    This game is being released in 4 days right?

This ain't looking good. None of the builds or fixes will work for me on two separate machines.

All builds work for me on both my machines.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

No issues for me across two machines either.

Im still crashing a lot. Actual game performance is great but the crashing is driving me nuts, was trying out commander for the first time and crashed. Was about to hit an epic mortar strike.

Also, whats the diff between rockets, mortar and artillery ?

Im still crashing a lot. Actual game performance is great but the crashing is driving me nuts, was trying out commander for the first time and crashed. Was about to hit an epic mortar strike.

Also, whats the diff between rockets, mortar and artillery ?

Full FAQ here mate

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=48698

Heres a summary of the commanders alilities

The Commander's Abilities

Fire Support: There are 3 types of fire support: mortars, artillery, and rockets. Mortars cause a small amount of damage in a small area, rockets cause a large amount of damage over a large area. Artillery falls in between. Fire support takes longer to arrive depending on its size (mortars arrive the fastest, rockets the slowest) (Sources: GDN Gamescom Article Crosshairs at TWI)
    Aerial Recon: The commander can call a recon plane which surveys the battlefield and reports enemy positions. Enemy infantry and tanks will show up on the commander's map instantly (as long as he is near the radio), and will filter down the ranks with a few seconds delay. The plane will only report units it has actual visual contact with; it will be possible to hide from it and shoot it down. (Source: GDN Gamescom Article) (Source: Wilsonam)
    Force Respawn: In critical moments in the battle, the commander can choose to let a reinforcement wave spawn immediately. This ability will be limited. (Source: GDN Gamescom Article)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Finally bought it :P

29 euro for the digital deluxe edition on greenmangaming. Sorted!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Intial thoughts: good but pretty buggy. Clearly some latency issues and some pc performance issues. Haven't had any crashing yet. Game doesn't seem finished for me though.

3 days til release? Not a chance everything will be fixed. Here's hoping though.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Meirleach

Urgh last update broke it on me, 20 to 30 fps at medium settings, and lots and lots of crashes.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭jackoire

My games running great now, fps improved and haven't crashed yet, touch wood :)

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Game is in a terrible condition this close to release imo. I was definitely going to purchase and have been following all along, but not any more. The game is also causing my internet to crash!

It has problem for sure but if anyone will keep their promise its TW.
    Im still getting the odd crash, performance should be better than it is but im playing on ultra settings and getting 60-80 fps which is perfectly fine.
    My only gripe is the server browser.
    I dont think the game is in terrible condition at all.
    It needs a lot of work but even still its vastly superior to anything else on the market.
    As much as im looking forward to BF3 i reckon RO2 will take up a huge chunk of my game time, i love WW2,i love the authenticity of the game, the gritty graphics suit the atmosphere fine,the sounds are probably the best ive ever heard so far.
    More than anything else the gameplay and gun mechanics are light years ahead of anything else on the market in my opinion, that alone makes my pre order more than worth it.
    Superb game that can only get better after release day next week.
    Having said all that im a fanboy of RO since before it was released as a mod for UT2003.
    Back then the devs were just superb at listening to those of us that beta tested and ofcourse the community to follow,if there are major issues they will address them that im 100% sure of.
    They are one of the few dedicated PC developers left,im delighted to support them,the game being awesome is sweet bonus :)

Well each to their own but the simple fact is that the game isn't 100% finished. Some people report its fine, most people report its not. It's based on a god damn 4 year old graphics engine, how the hell can there be performance issues still?

Not that I'm bashing the game for gameplay. It's an excellent game but I fear for the patience for some of community in the coming weeks with regards to patching and support.

Well each to their own but the simple fact is that the game isn't 100% finished. Some people report its fine, most people report its not. It's based on a god damn 4 year old graphics engine, how the hell can there be performance issues still?

Not that I'm bashing the game for gameplay. It's an excellent game but I fear for the patience for some of community in the coming weeks with regards to patching and support.

Fully agree,already the official forums are full of people losing patience.
    This close to release there are indeed too many issues to be sorted in tiem for release, unless they have en entirely seperate build from the one we are playing which i doubt.
    Shame really because it could potentially lose new players who like you say may lose patience.

I doubt the reviews will be very good if the reviewers are crashing all the time or whatever

• Advertisement

I doubt the reviews will be very good if the reviewers are crashing all the time or whatever

True but thankfully the decent and trusted sites are givng promising previews.

Advertisement