Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Orchestra 2 : Heroes of Stalingrad (PC)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

There's a Red Orchestra 2 channel on Boards.ie Teamspeak if anyone's up for a bit of banter tonight

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

There's a Red Orchestra 2 channel on Boards.ie Teamspeak if anyone's up for a bit of banter tonight

I'll be on, liking the new maps

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

arghhh!! cant do tonight mate,will do tomorrow sometime.

Meanwhile yet another great preview http://ironhammers.org/?p=7238

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭jackoire

I'm on ts now, up late for some game!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Game has gotten even worse for me now. Crashing and terrible performance on highly populated servers. Got a PC more than able to handle a lot of rendering (i7, gtx570, 8gb RAM), so something's up. Lot of network issues too. Lag spikes everywhere. Pity. Game was good when it works but I might just wait until they fix the major issues before I play again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Meirleach

Well each to their own but the simple fact is that the game isn't 100% finished. Some people report its fine, most people report its not. It's based on a god damn 4 year old graphics engine, how the hell can there be performance issues still?

Not that I'm bashing the game for gameplay. It's an excellent game but I fear for the patience for some of community in the coming weeks with regards to patching and support.
    Have to agree with you, when the game works it's amazingly fun, but Tripwire are running the risk of scaring off their newer players with the bugs and performance issues.

A big part of the problem seems to be optimization, my current machine has problems with it (1100t+6850), my older machine which I keep around for friends to play can't play the game at all. Borderlands? Yup fine. Bad Company 2? Perfectly playable. Ro2 on the lowest settings(where it looks far far worse than even RO1) manages around 10-15fps, and god help you if any arty gets dropped.

The sad thing is, after getting used to this, playing RO1 just doesn't feel the same.

tl;dr Love the game, hope tripwire can get it all fixed up for release, but have my doubts.

Just played a few maps this morning and everything was stutter stutter, really jerky framerate.
    Its the worst ive see it, official forums are offline too,people whining on the servers so im guessing the forums are similar.

Was playing again last night. Dunno if they updated it or not but was a lot smoother than in recent days. Enjoyed it until I got teamkilled 4 times in a row.

Was playing again last night. Dunno if they updated it or not but was a lot smoother than in recent days. Enjoyed it until I got teamkilled 4 times in a row.

Yeah im definitely experiencing a smoother framerate for sure,dont think there was an update but im getting 60-80 fps with ultra settings.
    Still not what my rig should get compared to other games but perfectly smooth nonetheless.
    I tried to play BC2 yesterday after playing nothing but RO2 and i was bored silly in minutes.
    Killing people in RO2 is infinitely more satisfying than any fps on the market in my opinion.
    When your playing with people that understand the game its up there with the best tactical teamplay games ive played.
    Cant wait for release day now.

Some gameplay videos for anyone wondering what its all about.

Tank and MG

Infantry

Sniper

I would imagine there was a server side update.

• Advertisement

Thank god! I'll be on this evening anywho!

Wouldn't get your hopes up, no improvement for me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

I pre-ordered on Steam but went and got a refund (was offered a refund on my credit card (3-5 days) or immediately to my Steam Wallet). I'll probably wait until a price drop and after they've cleaned out bugs.

Lads its Tripwire here, they will sort the bugs faster than any dev out there.
    Whether tomorrows release will be bug free or not i really dont know but id be shocked if we didnt see a big difference.
    Either way the game as it is to me is alot more enjoyable than anything else on the market therefore m happy to keep my pre order also because im 100% sure TW will address the issues.
    I played for 90 minutes tonight and never had a single performance issue or crash at all.
    Most games are far from perfect for final beta not to mention release.
    I recall BC2 had terrible performance issues with the final open beta and never got fixed on release and indeed wasnt fixed until well after release.
    Looking forward to see how the unlocking and stats system will work.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is anyone gonna do the single player campaign?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭jackoire

Is anyone gonna do the single player campaign?:D

Nope, multiplayer all the way and ill play Co-op when they patch it in later. Looking forward to the full release. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

As someone who has enjoyed RO but not put 100rds of hours into it is it worth getting this sequel? Notable improvements over the original?

Big patch this morning. Big jump in performance for me now. Ping is no longer an issue, on 64 player servers anyway :P The broken cover system is for the most part fixed now. Still some issues such as blurry 3rd person etc but it feels like for the most part that the majority of issues have been ironed out. Release day is tomorrow!

Stev_o wrote: »
    As someone who has enjoyed RO but not put 100rds of hours into it is it worth getting this sequel? Notable improvements over the original?

When RO2 is working I find it much better and enjoyable and tactical than RO1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Pre-load is there, apparently.
    Im just downloading the rest of the beta patch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Meirleach

Spunge wrote: »
    Pre-load is there, apparently.
    Im just downloading the rest of the beta patch
    Pity there's no way to convert the beta data into preload, some of us have slow internet connections :P

Stev_o wrote: »

Yes yes and yes :)
    In my opinion atleast its vastly superior to RO ostfront.

Preload started yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Preload started yet?

Yeah, i downloaded it last night.

Cant wait to play some grain elevator again.

Spunge wrote: »
    Yeah, i downloaded it last night.

Cant wait to play some grain elevator again.

Just to tease you :)

GrainElevator_sidebyside-jpeg.jpg

The games representation next to the real life image.

Hows it looking? Won't get to play until tomorrow night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Hows it looking? Won't get to play until tomorrow night.

Still not out, should be out in 10 minutes.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Still not released.

This sums up my feelings.

Its now released, mine is unlocking as i type :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭K3v

@ 90% d'loading. Looking forward to this one.

Advertisement