Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Orchestra 2 : Heroes of Stalingrad (PC)

Options

Comments

I got this earlier..... I'm new to PC gaming so haven't played any of the others and I only did the first mission before hitting the online.

I had 3 team kills a row there, how the **** am I meant to know who's on my team?.... some of my team are highlighted, most aren't so how are you supposed to know who you're with? :mad:

I also haven't the slightest clue as to where I'm supposed to be going or doing since there aren't any on screen maps etc...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Only way to tell is by uniform. It's tough, but it gets easier with practice.

Hold "T" for your objectives

Only way to tell is by uniform. It's tough, but it gets easier with practice.

Hold "T" for your objectives

Being honest with the last kill I kinda taught they were with me, but one I only saw a head in the window.

I understand it's a hardcore game and I'm not looking for pointers to spot enemies but some indicators for my team mates would be handy(which they seem to give to some, also on that are the non marked players AI controlled?) :(..... I noticed pressing T and it noted that men were ''spotted'', is there a way to spot ala BC2?

Doesn't seem the most user friendly game to jump into, so I guess I'll jump back online killing team mates now so.... :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I got this earlier..... I'm new to PC gaming so haven't played any of the others and I only did the first mission before hitting the online.

I had 3 team kills a row there, how the **** am I meant to know who's on my team?.... some of my team are highlighted, most aren't so how are you supposed to know who you're with? :mad:

I also haven't the slightest clue as to where I'm supposed to be going or doing since there aren't any on screen maps etc...

You will be surprised how easy it is to spot enemy once you get used to shape and colours of helmets,uniform etc, ive often killed guys purely from their weapon sticking out a window, recognizing an eneny weapon and taking a chance a team mate didnt pick it up :P
    This is a mans` fps, everything else is for pussies :P

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

Haven't got the game (yet!) but I think you can choose between a more realistic server or one that will help you with objective displays and names above teamates (I think).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,389 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

2 crashes already trying to play this game, didnt even get a chance to play the game yet

Headshot wrote: »
    2 crashes already trying to play this game, didnt even get a chance to play the game yet

Thankfully I haven't had in any game problems, but I have had problems getting an initial connection where I've had to turn the game off, and in some instances log out of Steam.
    Also maybe it was a coincidence, but my internet as well stopped working during these instances and the connection never dropped, it was as if the game was effecting other parts of the computer :confused:

Have to say I'm enjoying it, I've been playing normal servers since the realistic one where I was team killing and it's enjoyable racking up a few kills.

Closest thing I've had on console was Socom, so very happy to be playing something that involves proper strategic play, Arma looked good but it just took too long after every kill to get back to the action.

Manage to have a few games with Cherry there

****ing hell, its so hard and totally different to what iv ever played

I loled big time when I use the machine gun, the kick on that is unreal

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Update includes:

- fixing the day 1 unlocks not working (Note: there still appears to be some cases where unlocks do not appear, but the major reason for them not working has been fixed. We'll continue working on the other issues with the unlocks and get that out asap).
    - Improved framerate hitching/dropping when artillery explodes
    - spawn menu looping bug
    - various crash fixes
    - decreased AI MG accuracy for vehicle AI
    - Added a system so outdated servers should no longer show in the server browser (so make sure and update so people can find your servers)

Additionally, we've received word that PBBans streaming is now available for Red Orchestra 2. Head on over to the PBBans website for more information:

http://www.pbbans.com/forums/ro2-streaming-now-available-t146557.html

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭jackoire

Haven't got to use all the new guns, but the MKB42 is really nice and it sounds cool to. The AVT40 has so much kick its crazy, i must try the other two guns.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

Just bought it off G2Play, it's downloading now. Looking forward to this, didn't know too much about it, spent all morning looking it up and everyone seems to speak highly of it. I love games slapped with an 'unforgiving' label.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

It's very unforgiving. If you're not working with your team, out doing your own thing, you'll be down in a matter of seconds. It's quite hard to determine where your teammates positions are. Was on TS3 last night and I got killed from the side somewhere, I spent about 2 minutes telling Gonzo where he was exactly :P

It's a great game though. When it works, its up there with my favourite games. Sometimes though when its buggy its just frustrating. I had numerous sound bugs last night that just to the point where I couldn't take it anymore.

First average review is in, giving no sympathy to the bugs in game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

It's very unforgiving. If you're not working with your team, out doing your own thing, you'll be down in a matter of seconds. It's quite hard to determine where your teammates positions are. Was on TS3 last night and I got killed from the side somewhere, I spent about 2 minutes telling Gonzo where he was exactly :P

It's a great game though. When it works, its up there with my favourite games. Sometimes though when its buggy its just frustrating. I had numerous sound bugs last night that just to the point where I couldn't take it anymore.

First average review is in, giving no sympathy to the bugs in game.

Heh pretty much sums up any time i play this game on TS with mates.

Id be telling my mate "He's just there by the burnt out building"

Only for my friend to reply "Eh Stevo you know we are playing on the Eastern front right"

"Oh yeah sh*t everything's burnt out"

Love going tank hunting with mates. Two of went searching for tanks and it felt like something out of a movie. Casual ducking in and out of cover to flank a tank, take out anyone around the tank and throw a satchel. Waiting for that timer to expire on the satchel is so nerve wrecking!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Damn you P3.6, damn you to hell, then damn redundancy and recession. The original RO was just amazing gameplay wise so I'm sickened I won't be able to play it due to PC specs.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

delly wrote: »
    Damn you P3.6, damn you to hell, then damn redundancy and recession. The original RO was just amazing gameplay wise so I'm sickened I won't be able to play it due to PC specs.

What's the specs of your system exactly? The devs were saying that it still runs great on old hardware. You could just need a cheap dual core upgrade

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Decent video for anyone sitting on the fence or new to red orchestra in general.

Giant Bomb`s take on things

http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-red-orchestra-2-heroes-of-stalingrad/17-4893/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

right.. watching that video

where's the best place to buy this for direct download?

it's only 35 euro on steam but i'd imagine it's cheaper elsewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

List of cheap places 2 or 3 pages back (I thought so anyway!), g2play have it for 25*.

aye, i just saw a list a few posts up :)

just ordered off keys4.me .. waiting on the key now

I paid using paypal, anyone know how long it oughta take to get the key?

aye, i just saw a list a few posts up :)

just ordered off keys4.me .. waiting on the key now

I paid using paypal, anyone know how long it oughta take to get the key?

I asked on xfire on your behalf he said 5 mins :)

Edit: he said its sent !

• Advertisement

IT DID \o/

just got the email with the key, installing now

At least it was only 24 euro....

Not my kind of game

well i got to play about 5 seconds on a french server before i was kicked off, then the game showed me 0 servers

i restarted, found servers again but then they all just dissapeared

sadface

--edit
    think it was punkbuster.. in a server now
    but by jesus, i dont have a clue whats going on

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

What's the specs of your system exactly? The devs were saying that it still runs great on old hardware. You could just need a cheap dual core upgrade
    'tis a P4 3.6 HT with an 8800GT and a couple of gigs of ram. I was looking to build a while back but would need the board and processor minimum, but I'd say even that wouldn't be worth it. Best to hold out for the lotto win.

I was thinking about giving it ago and seeing how it would fair, and at least I'd always have it on my Steam account for when I do get a new PC. The worst part is, I know Cully is a man who doesn't take no crap when it comes to games, so if he's sold, it must be fecking awesome.

well i got to play about 5 seconds on a french server before i was kicked off, then the game showed me 0 servers

i restarted, found servers again but then they all just dissapeared

sadface

--edit
    think it was punkbuster.. in a server now
    but by jesus, i dont have a clue whats going on

Teamspeak 3. Hop and join in :)

don't have a mic :)

just got disconnected from the server list again, so its not punkbuster

still i got about 20 minutes in there I think... still dont have a ****ing clue whats going on, but at least my teamkills are reducing

--edit

i've opened and closed the client twice now and im still not seeing any servers at all, ive checked the filters and they're all at default, blurgh

delly wrote: »
    I know Cully is a man who doesn't take no crap when it comes to games, so if he's sold, it must be fecking awesome.

Depends what kind of shooters you like.

If you're a COD head who likes running in circles just killing then you wouldn't really like it.

I can see how people wouldn't like it, just like how I didn't like the harshness of Demon Souls

Depends what kind of shooters you like.

If you're a COD head who likes running in circles just killing then you wouldn't really like it.

I can see how people wouldn't like it, just like how I didn't like the harshness of Demon Souls

Well I'm a RO Ost-Front veteran so I know what to expect. Realism to the max while a feeling of real achievement when getting kills.

Server is now ranked YAH!!!!!!!!!!

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

• Advertisement

Bloody sound keeps bugging out after about an hour. Annoying.

Advertisement