Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone repair

Options
  • 25-06-2011 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭

Hey there,

I'm going to be in the Wexford area Wednesday-Saturday next week. Do you guys know of any repair shops that will fix a faulty, unresponsive iPhone 4 home button while I'm there? Thanks for your help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭laughter189

Gadget Repair New Ross - You can find him on Facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭thebrendanr1

wouldnt really reccomend gadget repair sent an ipod touch in and they broke the screen while attempting but failing to repair it but its ur own choice :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

Get IT Fixed in Enniscorthy fixes them. I have never used them so I cant comment.

www.facebook.com/getitfixed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

Costs 65 in Enniscorthy is which seems very expensive to me considering the part costs less than 10 euro. When they broke your screen in new ross did they fix it again at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭Brian017

wouldnt really reccomend gadget repair sent an ipod touch in and they broke the screen while attempting but failing to repair it but its ur own choice :D

Left into the New Ross shop yesterday. Then I saw this now, slightly worried. Gonna be a nervous wait til tomorrow :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

Post here when you get yours back and if its not broken I'll send mine there haha.

haha no prob. I'd be glad to be your guinea pig :D. He charged €45 and you have to pay €20 there as deposit. Would have thought a €600 phone would be enough as a deposit but there you go :)

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭thebrendanr1

when i dropped mine in they said they were unable to fix it and the screen broke when opening but when i got home i noticed he had broken both the outter screen and the inside screen when attempting to open it and he didnt repair it for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Mel C

Can't judge personally but some friends have had some bad experiences with different phones/laptops with that shop!But hey if it works it's a much cheaper alternative than forking out again for a new one!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭laughter189

It was'nt really a recommendation , - but the only repair shop I know in the New Ross area.

He fixed a camera for us and it has worked ok since.

Best of luck Brian - You may need it !

• Advertisement

Good news! Went to new Ross to collect the phone earlier today. He said when he opened it, it was VERY VERY dirty inside. So he cleaned it out and put in a new hole button. And it now works fine. I'm an happy and relieved man :D

Any ide if its a big job to re-house an iphone? The back is very scuffed and the camera is blurry as a result, just general wear but the pictures come out hazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Gadget.Repair

Hi brendan

just seen this tread this evening I find it hard to belive that we didnt fix the device before we gave it back to you what version touch was it.

If it was a 4th gen we send that model away to get fixed as it is a really difficult model to fix, we did have a problem with the company we used and we replaced all the ipod touchs that they damaged and replaced them with new model for the affected customers.

awaiting your reply

Brian017 wrote: »
    haha no prob. I'd be glad to be your guinea pig :D. He charged €45 and you have to pay €20 there as deposit. Would have thought a €600 phone would be enough as a deposit but there you go :)

Hi Brian hope all is well with the phone

As for the deposit you will find that it is standard policy with every single company that people get to do any sort of work.

We used to not take deposits and we had a very difficult time getting them back to collect the device when it was repaired, the shop is only open a year and I have close to 20 devices that have not been collected cause the person didnt pay any deposit so they were not out any money.

Hope this is of help to explain why we ask for deposit

Mel C wrote: »
    Can't judge personally but some friends have had some bad experiences with different phones/laptops with that shop!But hey if it works it's a much cheaper alternative than forking out again for a new one!!

hi Mel

What kind of problems did your friends have with us

We normally have a very high success rate with our repairs

Brian017 wrote: »
    Good news! Went to new Ross to collect the phone earlier today. He said when he opened it, it was VERY VERY dirty inside. So he cleaned it out and put in a new hole button. And it now works fine. I'm an happy and relieved man :D

Hi brian

the reason we told you the phone was dirty was because that probally caused the home button to stop working

we were trying to save you money in the long run cause it will prob happen again,

On a lighter note it wasnt near as dirty as a phone brought in by a farmer he told me it had dropped it in "water" when i opened it I discovered it had fallen into a septic tank was was **** all oover it inside, he must have wiped the outside off

Hi Gadget.Repair,

How much would it cost to re-house an iphone 3Gs. The back is vers scuffed and the camera opening is scratched so the pics are very blurry.

TheChevron wrote: »
    Hi Gadget.Repair,

How much would it cost to re-house an iphone 3Gs. The back is vers scuffed and the camera opening is scratched so the pics are very blurry.

I dont recomend to do it cheaply, as the new frames you buy on ebay are no good all cheap plastic so the only option then is to buy a new offical rear case this costs about €60 and then move over the board etc

total cost for a new case fitted is €80 this includes new power button, volume button, silent switch and headphone jack also a new docking port

If you require any further info check out our site

www.gadgetrepair.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭yermanhimself

I found SmithByrne over Ladbrokes on Main Street Gorey great when they fixed my iPhone 4 while I waited. He relaced docking port and battery for 70 euro

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

Mod Note.
    The original post is nearly 3 years old.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement