Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can's for Oxegen !

Options
  • 25-06-2011 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭

Well lads, need stock up for oxegen next week any places with good offers on cans ? i'll drink anything bar heineken :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

wont they be taken off you at the gate anyways?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭dublander

8 cans of heino for €12 in obriens or 24 for €32! Not bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭RonyPonyBah

Access wrote: »
    wont they be taken off you at the gate anyways?

Your allowed bring cans........ no ?

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭RonyPonyBah

yep !
    CAN I BRING ALCOHOL TO OXEGEN?

Alcohol is permitted in the campsite only. All liquids must be in plastic bottles or cans. No glass is allowed in the campsite but liquids can be transferred into plastic bottles at the bottle decanting stations at the entrance to the campsite.

last time we were there was just for a day entry few years back... bottles and cans taken at security point... dont know if it would be different for camping though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Dunnes were doing 12 cans of bulmers for €15 recently not sure if they still do...

Im bringing enough for the 1st day then getting the free shuttle to Naas every day to top up, much easier on your back and they usually have decent offers down there too.

yep !

Ah... yes, was just us day trippers so! :mad:

/Dunnes & Tesco doing box of 20 bud for €15.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭stacexD

4 cans of kopparberg for 6.50 in tesco, yum

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭mcw92

B00MSTICK wrote: »
    Dunnes were doing 12 cans of bulmers for €15 recently not sure if they still do...

Im bringing enough for the 1st day then getting the free shuttle to Naas every day to top up, much easier on your back and they usually have decent offers down there too.

If its the same as last year, you'll spend >4 hours going out and getting back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭mcgarry098

8 karapackie, carlsberg guinness or bud 500ml cans for €10 till the second in centra

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Anyone know deals on Heineken?.. Would I get them cheaper up the north?.. And also the price of 1litre bottle of Jameson?

8 cans of heineken for €15 in tesco i think, isnt great though. 700ml of captain morgans for €15 in tesco aswell!

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jumbone

cheap heineken in lidl - 8 for 10!

Does anybody have any cheap cider tips?

Tesco Special Offers:
    pSULA.jpg

Lidl Specials starting tomorrow:
    Silver Tequila 700ml 38% €19.99
    Vodka & Lemon 700ml 24% €9.99
    Vodka & Melon 700ml 20% €9.99
    Vodka & Peach 700ml 20% €9.99
    Sambuca 700ml 40% €16.99
    Peppermint Liqueur 700ml 18% €9.99
    Sour Apple Liqueur 700ml 16% €8.99
    Blue Curaçao 700ml 20% €8.99
    Coconut Kiss 700ml 16% €7.99
    Sex On The Beach 700ml 28% €12.99
    Pina Colada 700ml 28% €12.99
    Mai Tai 700ml 28% €12.99

In store offers that I remember from yesterday:

8 cans of Heineken for €10 (pretty sure it was the 4.3% silver cans but thats still a good price for Heineken)
    1 can of Grafenwalder Pils 4.8 % for €1 (Probably one of the stronger €1 cans of beer. Haven't tried it but its meant to be a somewhat decent ber from reviews online)
    4 cans of Excelsior 4.1% for €3.09 (I've read it tastes rank though)
    24 cans slab of Tubgorg for €20 (4.0% but it doesn't taste bad. Also its a shrinkwrapped slap unlike the loose slightly cheaper lidl cans)
    Rachmaninoff Vodka 700ml 37.5% €11.69
    Rachmaninoff Vodka 700ml 40.0% €13.69

plenty more that i cant remember :P

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭ThisNoize

jumbone wrote: »
    24 cans slab of Tubgorg for €20 (4.0% but it doesn't taste bad. Also its a shrinkwrapped slap unlike the loose slightly cheaper lidl cans)

Anybody know where this offer is?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

You're better off only bringing enough cans for the Thursday night and heading into Naas friday morning.
    Carrying slabs of cans along with your tent and stuff from the car park to the campsite is some serious effort!

The shops in Naas had some great offers last year, and Lidl even ran a free shuttle bus from the town centre (Near to where the Oxegen shuttle bus drops you off) to the Lidl store and back again.

Unless you see some cracking deals before you leave for Oxegen, I'd get most of my booze in Naas :D :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

ciano1 wrote: »
    You're better off only bringing enough cans for the Thursday night and heading into Naas friday morning.
    Carrying slabs of cans along with your tent and stuff from the car park to the campsite is some serious effort!

The shops in Naas had some great offers last year, and Lidl even ran a free shuttle bus from the town centre (Near to where the Oxegen shuttle bus drops you off) to the Lidl store and back again.

Unless you see some cracking deals before you leave for Oxegen, I'd get most of my booze in Naas :D :cool:

I was debating on that also, but may just take a suitcase for my cans etc.. And rucksack for the rest.. Think that should do the job :P.. It is quiet a pain though carrying the cans to campsite etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

mcw92 wrote:
    If its the same as last year, you'll spend >4 hours going out and getting back!

What time did you get the bus at?

We went in and got a breakfast roll every morning and it only took about 2 hrs at the most, including wandering around naas for a bit!

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭ThisNoize

ciano1 wrote: »

I was thinking about doing this, but I'm afraid all the offers will be gone/out of stock etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Shanee.

4 bav for €4 in most centras..really nice and easy to drink

ThisNoize wrote: »
    Anybody know where this offer is?

Thats in Lidl. Well the one in newbridge anyways.

I'm bringing a few trays of that too :D

could you store your drink in the lockers up at oxegen to stop it getting stolen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Supervalu had slabs of Bud for €24 while stocks last.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Spar doing 24 cans of Carlsberg or 24 cans of cider for €24,

Aldi have 12 cans of Galahad for €7.99,it's actually pretty decent lager.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Depending on intentions there..
    If you're enjoying the experience and want to remember some of it and just get merry, I'd suggest a trip to Tesco, oddly Aldi and Lidl aren't great for Alcohol in my area...
    Tesco though have loads, changes every few weeks...
    Got Bud there recently but Miller, Stella, Sol, Hein and numerous spirits are on offer too.
    However if you just plan on getting pissed fast,
    Druids, Devils Bit & Kepplers - 6%
    Strongbow & Mary's Dew - 5.5%
    4 for 5 on all bar Strongbow,
    Think thats 4 for 7.50..

Cost-wise though!
    Second wind...

Dutch Gold & Bavaria and Biere D'Or (Tesco) - Next to nothing but taste like p**s
    Can get some cheap lager from Lidl and Aldi too, about 4.3% standard..
    Gets the job done though

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭ap1986

bavaria 8 for 9 !!!

Advertisement