Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Thompson modem bouncing

• 25-06-2011 11:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84 ✭✭

Anyone having an issue with the new Thompson modem from UPC? On Tuesday of this week it started, bouncing every few minutes, down then back online. Wed and Thurs were fine, then started again last night and still going on Sat. Worked fine since I got it last month until Tues of this week :mad:

UPC are sending an engineer out to check the cabling, just wondering is anyone else experiencing a similar issue?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

do you mean the connection just drops all of a sudden, then comes back for 5-10 mins drops again? then again and again, if so it happened to me as well about a month ago, called them loads of times even got an engineer to come down said nothing's wrong. now the past month or so its been smooth as can be, dunno if they did something or just fixed itself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84 ✭✭miftha

Yes Dracula, thats exactly it. Was perfect for weeks after I upgraded to 50MB/new modem. I tried to get through to them last Tuesday but technical team too busy, so they said they would call me back on mobile. No call. Then get a text Wed moring saying my BB fault may now be resolved. It was, no idea what they did, if anything.

Then last night starts again, and still going. Engineer out next Tues but doubt it is anything to do with cabling given the way it worked for years (old crappy Cisco modem of course prior to now). Hope this Thompson modem is not another piece of sh1t.

Advertisement