Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

misspelt tattoo's

Options
  • 25-06-2011 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭

so what poeple think about them ,

there is a guy who has a shop , online port on facebook , while looking through his work , i noticed he misspelt a word in a tattoo , and commented on it , he said he triple checked it but english was not his mother language :rolleyes:

how would you feel with a missspelt tattoo thats in a place that cant realy be coverd ?

(please note my spelling is crap :D)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

i dont know, and im not naming any names, but the place where i got my one and only tattoo (small design, no text) has since closed down, and the owner was taken to court for mis-spelling something on a lads arm (i think, they had the article up on thier facebook page, along with all thier tattoos)

he said it wasnt the first time it happened either,
    so i dont think ill ever get text tattoo'd on my body, and if i do, i'll make sure to double, and triple check it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

It's not just misspelling, it's when they get quotes wrong. The amount of tattoos floating around with wrong song lyrics or book quotes is a bit .. wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭antocann

exactly , the guy in leitrim done a quote tattoo

was tattoo'ing this
    What the mind of man can conceive and believe, It can achieve

said he triple checked the spelling , and doin this
    What the mind of man can concieve and believe, It can achieve

and its quite big lettering down some poor sods side

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Perhaps I'm playing devil's advocate here but is it not as much the responsibility of the tattoo-ee to check the wording, and spelling, of their proposed tattoo as it is to a person to read and understand a contract before signing it?
    As such I'm afraid I've no sympathy for people who get misquotes, mistranslations or misspellings, the only exception being where they provided the tattooist with an accurate one but at some point during the tattooing the artist strayed from the stencil that was applied. Any artist who did that though would of could clearly not be a respectable artist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭antocann

i agree with that aswell ,

but for the artist to say that they triple checked the spelling , it put me of goin to his shop

• Advertisement
Advertisement