Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lap The Lough - Lap 6

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭connie_c

Did it in around 5 hours rolling. Didn't bother to time it properly.

Me and a mate camped on the GAA pitch next door. We headed up from Dublin on the Saturday. Out of 2000 people cycling around 20 people were camping. The 1980 other people had obviously watched the weather forecast as the tent was very cold. The GAA club was great craic. Very welcoming. Couldn't resist a few Pints.

Thought the organisation was good and very friendly but the main foodstop let the event down.

Q for 50 mins for a sandwich so bad I cant imagine where they got them. They also didn't provide bins so everyone was forced to litter the beautiful park. Should have popped into a garage.

You don't get to see the lake very often as the route is so flat but it was nice to see a very rural part of the north that I normally wouldn't have a reason to visit. Not a great route for scenery though.

Gel Stop about 25km from the end had no water or Gels or even any stewards or officials at it. Just a guy selling Icecream and loads of cyclist walking like sheep around an empty community centre.

Foodstop at the end was excellent. Q took about 5 mins for a great roast pork roll and a much better coffee.

Went back to the GAA club to watch the Dublin Donegal game and to re-hydrate. Didn't camp the Sunday night but only because of the cold. Would have stayed there all night if I had a warm place to sleep.

Overall I would recommend it. There was good banter on the roads and good marshaling from police and Hi-Vis Bikers. Plenty of people hitting around 27km/h average which suited me. Hopefully the event will get better as any problems they had would be very easy to iron out. Its not on my must do again next year list but I wouldn't rule it out either.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,376 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

my thoughts with the girl on the ride with head injuries in the royal victoria

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭big mce

Please God she recovers completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭bedirect

did this trip well organised, good crowd, food stop was crowded + slow, waits of up to an hour, should have kept doing, very hard to get started again

Advertisement