Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BBCHD on Sky

• 25-06-2011 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

All my sky and sky hd channels are working but my BBCHD and BBC1HD (in other channels) are not working. Says no satellite signal. Anyone else getting the same

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

We've been mulling this over for the past month, lol. :P

I'm afraid the b33b have changed tranpsonders
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056287192

As a result, many SKY hd boxes can't pick the channels up now. Well, they could if Sky would activate certain capabilities on there digiboxes but they just don't feel the need to do so yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 jarica

Don't know whether to be P'd off cos its gone or to be relieved that its not just my problem....Sky really takin the proverbial considering how much we shell out every month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭John mac

bbchd is still on 143,
    if its not remove bbchd bbcone hd from the other channel list, then reboot the box,
    you should have bbchd back.
    You wont be able to get bbcone hd back though.

there are some boxes that still work but many do not..

Its still on my chanel 143 but says no satellite signal is being received

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭John mac

yea if you remove the one from your other channels list (and bbc one hd) and reboot, you will get it back.

• Advertisement

Thanks guys.....did all that no success.....was onto sky this afternoon and did alot of resetting etc and still no joy....then miraculously came back later in the afternoon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 whiterteeth

In South Dublin. BBC HD still listed but no picture. I had tuned it in, before it was listed, on 'other Channels' but it's gone from there as well!
    I've tried the upside down card trick got the English listing but choosing BBC HD still shows no signal.
    I've been onto Sky who told me it was a regulatory thing on the Irish side. I checked with B.Com and ComReg. No regulation. BBC say something like UK license holders and ROI get it by default ie proximity to border!!
    I thought BBC is fee to air or something and so...?
    Does anyone know the frequencies for BBC HD (not the old ones listed on Boards) now that BBC have changed transponders or what?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

In South Dublin. BBC HD still listed but no picture. I had tuned it in, before it was listed, on 'other Channels' but it's gone from there as well!
    I've tried the upside down card trick got the English listing but choosing BBC HD still shows no signal.
    I've been onto Sky who told me it was a regulatory thing on the Irish side. I checked with B.Com and ComReg. No regulation. BBC say something like UK license holders and ROI get it by default ie proximity to border!!
    I thought BBC is fee to air or something and so...?
    Does anyone know the frequencies for BBC HD (not the old ones listed on Boards) now that BBC have changed transponders or what?
    Thanks.
    Tuning details are as follows
    On the Mvision Combo you need to edit / add the transponder, then do a scan on your new transponder.

Use the values from here: http://en.kingofsat.net/pos-28.2E.php

V
    DVB-S2 QPSK
    8/9

Thanks Norbert64. Unfortunately the SKY box doesn't allow one to key in some of these e.g the 8/9 as it imposes limits of scale. It looks like we have the frequency but no joy for SKY customers in ROI. Again thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭Dave_Dublin

Thanks Norbert64. Unfortunately the SKY box doesn't allow one to key in some of these e.g the 8/9 as it imposes limits of scale. It looks like we have the frequency but no joy for SKY customers in IRL. Again thanks.

Do you have BBC ONE HD - or - BBC HD - or - ITV1 HD (Meridian) in your "Other Channels" list ???

If so, these are causing the "No Sat Signal" message -- DELETE them and reboot the box from the mains.

143 : BBC HD should then be OK again -- Use the London ITV1 HD on 10.832 - H - 22.0 - 5/6

• Advertisement

I deleted the BBCHD and BBC1HD from my other channels and didn't work but I also had a test channel for BBC1HD in my other channels (can't remember what it was called but it was just numbers like 64596) and an older ITV1HD that no longer worked and it was when I deleted these that mine came back on Channel 143

Well done and thanks Dave. It worked. I deleted all I had on 'other channel' and when I rebooted magic BBC HD came on. Great. Now I'll have a go at the London ITV HD and hope all goes well. I'll even try a few more. If it goes again I know how to get it back.
    Dave thanks again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭Dave_Dublin

Well done and thanks Dave. It worked. I deleted all I had on 'other channel' and when I rebooted magic BBC HD came on. Great. Now I'll have a go at the London ITV HD and hope all goes well. I'll even try a few more. If it goes again I know how to get it back.
    Dave thanks again.

No problem - glad to be of help . . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Dymo

I never reset anything and didn't really care the BBC HD was gone but after the latest software update Monday night everything seems to be back to normal and BBC HD is back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 norm123

Jarica, i have just got back BBC HD1 on channel 143 after being off for almost amonth...thanks to reading the posts.What you need to do is go to 'other channels' by pressing 'services' on remote and delete bbc 1 hd and bbc hd by pressing the yellow button then reboot the box and it should appear.

Advertisement