Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liverpool XI versus Waterford Utd

• 25-06-2011 1:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭

20th July

Tickets on sale on Friday.

If you're into that kind if thing.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Be worth a few quid to the club. from what I hear its €30 a ticket. Mrs Ziedth is a Liverpool fan. must see can I get two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

€15 a ticket

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Gary Wyse announces on his Facebook that it will be the full Liverpool team. Even though liverpool will be in singapore and they told Waterford that they will let them know what players will be available "closer to the time".

He loses the run of himself on that Facebook page sometimes.

To be fair to him, they said on the radio it will be a full team so when people go out and buy tickets and come to see a reserve XI, you can be guaranteed it will cause mayhem!

You'd want to be out of your mind to believe that Liverpool would send a full strenght team to this. if we're very lucky a few big names will be coming back from Injury and won't travel with the first team but still might be in good enough shape for a run out.

when are they on sale? €15 is a fairly good price.

• Advertisement

Starting to go on sale next Friday at the Longford game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

They played a similar friendly against Galway last summer and their team was: Bouzainiz; Darby (Flanagan, 58), Mayinga (Cody, 66), Ayala (Wisom, 58), Robinson; Amoo, Cooper (Kacamiklic, 46), Irwin, Ince; Fernandez, Saric (Roberts, 69).

That said it's still a nice coup for the club and god knows they could do with a decent crowd and get some money in the bank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

kensutz wrote: »
    Starting to go on sale next Friday at the Longford game.
    What stupid timing " whole of the moon " and the like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭Boooourns

Don't expect any of the first teamers at this, it'll be the youths who are highly rated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

it will be the reserve team that might include one or two new signings if anyone comes in before then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

When you have this sort of mindset going to matches at the rsc you wonder why more people don't bother going out This from a Waterford utd supporters forum:: .http://btid.net/forums/index.php?/topic/2900-lock-up-your-hubcaps/page__pid__36147#entry36147

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭albert kidd

decies wrote: »
    When you have this sort of mindset going to matches at the rsc you wonder why more people don't bother going out This from a Waterford utd supporters forum:: .http://btid.net/forums/index.php?/topic/2900-lock-up-your-hubcaps/page__pid__36147#entry36147

probably posted by one of the "ultra" clowns..best ignored..they are only outta nappies a wet day.

Does anyone remember when they played wolves(say half strength team) a good few years ago and I think we were 1-0 down till about 10/15 minutes to go and wolves brought on former spurs player with 3 Caps for England Andy Sinton who was pushing 40.

He literally danced around everyone and set up 2 if not 3 and def scored 1. He wasn't even that good a player and he made a holy show of everyone so I'd love to see what someone like Gerrard would do.

Having said that I just remembered they beat a near full strength Bolton team a couple of years previous 3-2 so it's hard to know.

Wolves, Bolton, Southampton, The Scum to name a few who have appeared in the RSC.

ziedth wrote: »
    Does anyone remember when they played wolves(say half strength team) a good few years ago and I think we were 1-0 down till about 10/15 minutes to go and wolves brought on former spurs player with 3 Caps for England Andy Sinton who was pushing 40.

He literally danced around everyone and set up 2 if not 3 and def scored 1. He wasn't even that good a player and he made a holy show of everyone so I'd love to see what someone like Gerrard would do.

Having said that I just remembered they beat a near full strength Bolton team a couple of years previous 3-2 so it's hard to know.

Yep was at both those games. Happened at a time when United were averaging at least 3,000 per match as well.

That said my first memory of a Blues game was a friendly with Southampton around 1996. Matt le Tissier started and they only won 1-0 IIRC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

He'll be touring Asia with the first team.

Daysha wrote: »
    Yep was at both those games. Happened at a time when United were averaging at least 3,000 per match as well.

That said my first memory of a Blues game was a friendly with Southampton around 1996. Matt le Tissier started and they only won 1-0 IIRC.

Wrong! Alan Reynolds scored an absolute belter for us. 2-1 to Southampton or 1-1.

Wrong! Alan Reynolds scored an absolute belter for us. 2-1 to Southampton or 1-1.

And I'm wrong too. It was 4-2 after I asked my father because all I remember is that goal!. Barry and Hale with the goals for us.

Fair enough, tbh the only thing I really remember was swarming around Matt with the lads at the end of the game looking for his autograph.

south wrote: »
    He'll be touring Asia with the first team.

Oh of course he will I just used him to make my point of the gap between teams.

Ya Remember Dominic Iorfa Ken? I always wondered what happened to him. he was a superstar only for the fact he was so comically Lazy but managed to go on a run of like 7 goals in 6 games

• Advertisement

Of course I do. We played football with Haakon Johansen on the road in front of our house. I even remember back to when we played Bordeaux and Jean Tigana playing for them.

I'm getting all misty eyed from the memories of those games. Funnily enough I remember Daryl Murphy (who is now doing fairly well in the UK) made his debut in like '02 and I swore blind to the lads that he wouln't play anymore then a handful of games because he couldn't finish, he went on to score like 60 goals.

He def had the last laugh as I saw him score in the last minute against spurs at White Hart Lane years later.

Scored against Norwich too and apologised to me at the final whistle :) Don't forget Hunty too.

Scored against Norwich too and apologised to me at the final whistle :) Don't forget Hunty too.

he was some talent. Cocky little fella but christ I have always said the best player i have ever been on the same pitch as by a great distance.

I'll be very surprised if we don't seem him have a run in the premiership at some stage. Hopefully reading go up next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭molby

Wolves, Bolton, Southampton, The Scum to name a few who have appeared in the RSC.
    I presume you mean Man U as the scum.Waterford played them in Kilcohen not the RSC.Not sure of the year but Ferguson was not long after taking over.I think UTD won 3-0.

I'd say he means Ipswich somehow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

molby wrote: »
    I presume you mean Man U as the scum.Waterford played them in Kilcohen not the RSC.Not sure of the year but Ferguson was not long after taking over.I think UTD won 3-0.

Yep he means Ipswich as he's prone to turning into a canary when that yella team is in the premiership :P

[
    Oh of course he will I just used him to make my point of the gap between teams.

Ya Remember Dominic Iorfa Ken? I always wondered what happened to him. he was a superstar only for the fact he was so comically Lazy but managed to go on a run of like 7 goals in 6 games

Jasus i remeber him, Nigerian lad, he went on that run when there was a goal and win bonus paid out to keep us up that year, and keep us up they surely did! haha

At the same time me and my buddies had a song for a scandanavian lad called Trond...

Handsome Trond , the next James Bond!

They were brilliant times.

I'm also looking forward to seeing that lad who posted that sh!te on the Waterford utd site turning up and having a go at all the Liverpool fans. He'll be probably tucked up in bed by then though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭jurahnimoh

Is there any way of getting tickets for this game without having to travel to waterford?

Advertisement