Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liverpool XI versus Waterford Utd

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

Boooourns wrote: »
    I'm also looking forward to seeing that lad who posted that sh!te on the Waterford utd site turning up and having a go at all the Liverpool fans. He'll be probably tucked up in bed by then though.

He's actually a middle aged 'man' afaik
    He's always **** stirring so I hope no one takes any notice. Us blues fans are very welcoming to the Barstoolers and will gladly take there money.

Tickets can only be got at the Waterford Utd home games. Possibly also at the club office closer to the date but best to get down to the RSC on friday and pay at the gate, get your Lfc ticket and watch the blues vs Longford game

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭molby

kensutz wrote: »
    And I'm wrong too. It was 4-2 after I asked my father because all I remember is that goal!. Barry and Hale with the goals for us.
    Are you sure,I thought Micheal Downey of Dunagrvan area scored one of the goals ? If I remember correctly he had a stormer of a game and Southampton were to take him on trial but he broke a leg and that finished that.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭kayevajo

i fully expect thousands at this match. as its liverpool`s only away game in europe this season!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

molby wrote: »
    Are you sure,I thought Micheal Downey of Dunagrvan area scored one of the goals ? If I remember correctly he had a stormer of a game and Southampton were to take him on trial but he broke a leg and that finished that.

According to one of the websites I checked it had Barry and Hale down as the scorers. Downey had a great few seasons for the Blues until he broke his leg but he definitely didn't score against Southampton. I can still remember that screamer though flying into the net.

molby wrote: »
    I presume you mean Man U as the scum.Waterford played them in Kilcohen not the RSC.Not sure of the year but Ferguson was not long after taking over.I think UTD won 3-0.
    ziedth wrote: »
    I'd say he means Ipswich somehow.
    Yep he means Ipswich as he's prone to turning into a canary when that yella team is in the premiership :P

Quite funny how you're automatically thought to be a supporter of the "big teams" :D But yeah, I have sense to support a different team.

Waterford played Man U in Kilcohan in 1985. Even though I was a nipper I can vividly remember the poster with Waterford United the winners of the First Division against Manchester United the winners of the English League Division 1. Mark Hughes scored a couple of goals for Man U and they won 4-0. I was brought in to the Man U dressing rooms after the game and have photos somewhere of me with the players.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Hmmm 85? They also played in 91 and won 4-0...

Ah I was thinking of 85 for a different game . But yeah it was later, all this talk of pre-season friendlies is giving me a kick up the backside to dig out all the programmes from the games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭SillyMcCarthy

It will be a great coup for the club regardless of who turns out for Liverpool!
    Although not a fan of Liverpool I'll definately be there to see some stars of the future. It should be a great night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭Boooourns

Quite funny how you're automatically thought to be a supporter of the "big teams" :D But yeah, I have sense to support a different team.

Waterford played Man U in Kilcohan in 1985. Even though I was a nipper I can vividly remember the poster with Waterford United the winners of the First Division against Manchester United the winners of the English League Division 1. Mark Hughes scored a couple of goals for Man U and they won 4-0. I was brought in to the Man U dressing rooms after the game and have photos somewhere of me with the players.

I was at that game too, Hughes acted the bollox throughout.
    Did Arsenal play there as well? could be wrong.

Arsenal did play there.

• Advertisement

Arsenal did play there.

Haha sound, i thought i saw them as a kid up there but wasn't sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

Don't expect any of the first teamers at this, it'll be the youths who are highly rated.

Duh!

[

Jasus i remeber him, Nigerian lad, he went on that run when there was a goal and win bonus paid out to keep us up that year, and keep us up they surely did! haha

At the same time me and my buddies had a song for a scandanavian lad called Trond...

Handsome Trond , the next James Bond!

They were brilliant times.

Trond Debes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

I was at that game too, Hughes acted the bollox throughout.
    Did Arsenal play there as well? could be wrong.

Arsenal played there in '86 or '87, just after Charlie Nicholas signed, though he wasn't in the squad. Niall Quinn played.

Game finished 1-1. Martin Hayes with a diving header for us and Paul Cashin with the equalising penalty for Waterford :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43 mexicanvader

This game has been added to the official Liverpool site, and it's confirmed that it will be the reserve team.
    www.liverpoolfc.tv/match/fixtures/archive/team/reserves

Duh!

Sorry?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

And I'm wrong too. It was 4-2 after I asked my father because all I remember is that goal!. Barry and Hale with the goals for us.

They played 2 friendlies in consecutive summers at the RSC, the first one was 4-2 (Brian Barry screamer) the second game was a 1-0 borefest!

Sorry?

..........Duh!

..........Duh!

Ladies and gentlemen we have a weiner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

That'll do lads, play nice please. for future reference a bit of civility never hurt anyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

Honestly I wish some of the mods here would just do a day or two at the btid.net site. It appears it's open season to abuse anybody on that.Am sure there will be still tickets available after Fridays home game due to the difficulty of people to get to the game because of tall ship distractions .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

decies wrote: »
    Honestly I wish some of the mods here would just do a day or two at the btid.net site. It appears it's open season to abuse anybody on that.Am sure there will be still tickets available after Fridays home game due to the difficulty of people to get to the game because of tall ship distractions .

If a lot of people who post on there are still around from my time then it's like talking to a load of 12 year olds....and as for the 'Ultras' :pac: :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

decies wrote: »

I can only imagine. I can't read some of the forums on borads FFS because of the muppetry that goes on. I personally never got into the whole flamewar craic that goes on at other sites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Just an update on this,

all 3,500 seats were sold out before kick-off tonight.
    "A limited number" of standing tickets will be made available next week though.

Saw countless people pay into the ground, buy their Liverpool tickets and leave before the game kicked off - Unbelievable! :eek:

Anyway, for the record, Blues knocked up their 3rd win in a row. The 1-0 win moves them up to 5th with a game in hand.
    Come on the Blues!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

up to 5th not bad at all after the slow start ,are the new signings making this happen......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭SillyMcCarthy

More to do with the management than the new players!
    They are playing as well as I can remember.
    They're hard defensively & are playing beautiful football.

Considering that we've beaten two teams who were above us
    in the shape of Cork & Longford it looks good for the remainder
    of the season. Eight goals scored & two conceded.

Anyway, looking forward to the Liverpool game.
    C'mon United!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

I heard a strong rumour that Steven Gerrard & Jordan Henderson flew into Waterford airport this evening
    Maybe Tank will confirm?

I heard a strong rumour that Steven Gerrard & Jordan Henderson flew into Waterford airport this evening
    Maybe Tank will confirm?

Hahaha there must be some tickets left over. Gerrard hasn't even trained, he's still getting over his operation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Maybe Tank will confirm?

Kenny appeared in Bray monday night and rumours were swirling that Steven Gerrard would appear to but no joy.

Hope u get to see Brad Smith start at left back (great prospect) and Sterling play from the start (only saw 10 mins of him mon nite).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

Anybody got a spare stand ticket for this will swap two ground tickets for it???

Advertisement