Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living Social deals

Options
  • 25-06-2011 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

hi everyone - my apologies if this has been covered to death already.

So, I bought a 'deal' from a well known teeth whitening company back in March... I have phoned them 6 times since to get an appointment - each time 'Due to the phenomenal demand'.. I was transferred through to their answering machine to leave my name, contact details etc etc...

Last week I got an email from them offering the same deal again (so clearly they're open to taking more appointments), despite the fact no -one has gotten back to me to schedule me in for the treatment I purchased.

My query is - reading the T & C, i see that I had 10 days to change my mind and seek a refund... I now (4 months later) want a refund, as I am just so p*****d off...

Is the company bound by law to refund me my payment despite the 10 days as outlined in their T & C ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,594 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Write to them and ask for a refund. Its not that you have changed your mind, you have not got the service you paid for.

Tell them you are giving them 10 days to refund your fee and then you will start small claims proceedings. If you do not get a response go to smallclaims court.

If they do offer to give you an appointment I would tell them it was too late and you don't want one - it sounds like a bit of a scam tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

You bought the deal from Living Social, so that is where you seek the refund. They've refunded me without issue in the past when a business for which I had a voucher closed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Corkgirl210

bought the same deal.. made several calls but no one has rang me back up with an appointment!! very poor service!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 activegal

dudara wrote: »
    You bought the deal from Living Social, so that is where you seek the refund. They've refunded me without issue in the past when a business for which I had a voucher closed.

So I tried ringing the Irish Customer Service line for Living Social - guess what!? - a faulty answer phone that wont pass you through to anyone or leave a message!!!!...aargh..

And couldnt get through on the UK one...

Will just take a drive personally to the teeth whitening clinic and see what they have to say to me personally...

thanks for your advice..

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I contacted Living Social UK on their Twitter account (@LivingSocialUK) and the whole process was dealt with via Twitter. Have to say that I was 100% impressed by how they handled it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭misty76

activegal wrote: »
    So I tried ringing the Irish Customer Service line for Living Social - guess what!? - a faulty answer phone that wont pass you through to anyone or leave a message!!!!...aargh..

And couldnt get through on the UK one...

Will just take a drive personally to the teeth whitening clinic and see what they have to say to me personally...

thanks for your advice..

Be careful those phone lines cost a fortune esp off a mobile taking the value out of the offer in the first place. This happened to me : (

• Registered Users Posts: 30 manana

I bought a voucher for Tribes restaurant in Glasthule. When I went to book my chosen Saturday it was fully booked out. As was the Friday. A friend could later book the Saturday as he wasn't going via Living Social. The voucher is "subject to availability" but if they cut out prime time days or times they should be upfront. Hotels are now offering Saturdays as overnights and Carton House was full on a recent Saturday. Hotels and restaurants take note - that's where good business might lie in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 manana

I've a lot of sympathy for businesses trying to get business in and hesitated to raise it on Boards. However, they could signal in the deal that prime times might be restricted. It's more open and causes less confusion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭VikingErik

I bought a 2 hour falconry experience and couldn't get in touch with the vendor/merchant. No one answered the phone and I even left my name and number on their answering machine and never heard back from them.

LivingSocial pointed to their terms and condition that it is subject to availability and implied that I should have contacted them in the first week and asked for money within that week.

I am furious now.

I'm going to take this onto twitter now.

They've refunded me twice before (headphones that were out of stock and restaurant offer when establishment was overbooked).

I don't know why they're so difficult now.

Advertisement