Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bee keeping courses in midlands

Options
  • 25-06-2011 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

Hey guys,
    Does anyone know any weekend bee keeping courses you can do around the midland? I want to start my colony of bees but would like to do a course first to make sure i have all information.

heard there was a athlone bee keepers association but could not find any details.

thanks

evoke

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

There is a very active group based out at Belvedere house, not sure what the best contact for them is, but they're very active, try contacting them through the visitor centre there

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 509 ✭✭✭bertie1

There is a week long course in Gormanstown Meath the last week of July price is reasonable & the beginners side of covers a lot including some practical work on hives to see if you like it before you spend money http://www.irishbeekeeping.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭evoke

thanks i met the association at the agri show in athlone on the 26th of june.

Athlone bee keeping assoication was only setup a month ago. Their first class is in January 2011 they said to me.

they said to contact Michael Gleesson on 046-9541433 or email irishbeekeeping@ireland.com for more information. They will probably have a meeting every month.

thanks

Advertisement