Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting car serviced in Waterford- tips?

• 25-06-2011 4:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭

Hi, i need to get my 12 yr old Hyundai serviced soon and i would like to try a decent and reputable garage or business in Waterford City, my usual garage was quoting me 200euro for a basic service so thats too expensive especially with the economy the way it is. It basically just needs new oil and fluids, maybe a spark plug or two and a general service, its running fine. Any ideas on some decent places that arent too expensive?:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,691 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Well I just paid much the same for my car which just needed a regular service. Best option in town used to be PJ O'Shea, though I don't know if he is still there. Up the Gracedieu Road on the corner of Dominic (St?).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

I went to a guy by the name of Liam Knox last year and thought he was good. He seemed honest and had good prices. I know more people on here can vouch for him. He is based in Slieverue.

Now this year I was planning on going back but my car just yesterday decided to have a problem where it constantly vibrates and is fairly sluggish. So I don't want to risk going over that far with it. I had a chat with a chap from the garage down by the old park there and he seemed sound and I've read good things about him from here so i'm going to bring my car down Monday morning.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 8975630

Hey, Joe whelan Ozier Park, ( hegarty and doherty). hes sound out and does a great job, No one can knock him ;) Pm me il give you his number

Advertisement