Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Obtaining a Bank Statement

Options
  • 25-06-2011 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭

I need a bank statement for proof of address on a social welfare claim and I just need to know do the statement printing machines (I bank with BoI) print my address on my bank statement?

And if no, can I just request a bank statement be sent to my home?

Apologies if these are ridiculous questions, I'm very inexperienced when it comes to dealing with this stuff.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Mini statement from ATM doenst iirc. You can request a statement from the bank ofcourse, but they will most likely charge you for it.

Edit: Pricing

Copy / Duplicate statement
    - First page €3.80 each
    - Additional Pages €2.80 each

>http://www.bankofireland.com/help/personal-fees-and-charges

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Bloody Nipples

Not from the ATM, they have a machine that can print out a statement of your entire account (or at least the transactions going back several months).

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

The mini printer doesn't have your address, but if you just ask the bank to send you out an up to date statement that won't cost you anything. It's only if you need copies of old statements that charges apply.

You can request an up to date statement using the ATM, I think it's under 'other services' and 'request statement'. The statement will then be posted out to your account address.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Trhiggy83

Just go into the bank at the desk and ask them, they should print it out for you. i done it before and there was no hassle

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭dabestman1

most banks will post it to you if you ask them, aib anyway, can order from the atm as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

dabestman1 wrote: »
    most banks will post it to you if you ask them, aib anyway, can order from the atm as well

With aib you can view statements on 24hr online banking. Is that not possible with BOI?

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭dublin daz

cookie1977 wrote: »
    With aib you can view statements on 24hr online banking. Is that not possible with BOI?

Not yet Cookie. They dont have estatements yet.

I think Ulster Bank are next to roll them out, UB Northern Ireland already have it and its coming south soon.

Advertisement