Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spilled water on phone... now it won't work...

Options
  • 25-06-2011 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭

I'm hoping the thing will just dry out and then be fine again, but this hasn't happened to me before - any suggestions as to what I ought to do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Dont power it on! take out the battery, and place it in a box of rice. Dont use a hair dryer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,005 ✭✭✭kirving

Take it apart and place it in a bowl of uncooked rice and leave it in the hotpress for a week. Only try to turn it on after then. It worked for my brother's Nokia 5310 which turned off beacuse it was so wet. You might be lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Cheers. I have it in the rice, but I'd already tried to turn it on :-/
    Even tried to charge it in case the battery had just gone. So it's probably fried now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,005 ✭✭✭kirving

That was a big mistake to be honest but you never know, give it a while and see anyway!

Yeah, I got that by now :P
    But thanks :)

Ah well, I'll know for again.

Time to start a thread asking for phone recommendations, I think...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Ficheall wrote: »
    Cheers. I have it in the rice, but I'd already tried to turn it on :-/
    Even tried to charge it in case the battery had just gone. So it's probably fried now :(

Would probably have been fine until you did that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

Get the hoover to it, seriously put the smallest nozzle on the end of your vacuum cleaner and put it to every orifice on the phone and keep at it for a few minutes and you will remove most of the liquid from the phone.
    Then put in a bag of rice in the hotpress for a week.
    I've saved several phones this way, my darling wife has a habit of dropping them in cups of tea, toilets ect.

Even though you have already done to two worst things by charging it or trying to turn it on it's worth a shot.

's working again.
    Thanks to all for your advice.

Anyone want some rice?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭smegheadz

advice from nokia on what to do when you drop a mobile in water.

its more detailed then whats been said so far so advise giving it a read.

http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/t5/Pool-of-Knowledge/Dropped-your-phone-in-water-Here-s-what-to-do-next/td-p/380349

I dislike the implication that it's "living on borrowed time" :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement