Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Canal Bar

• 25-06-2011 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭

What is the story with the Canal Bar in Rathbourne, Ashtown? Is it ever going to open? The restaurant above it is open months now. It would be a great addition to Ashtown area were there is really only the Halfway House.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭No1J

What is the story with the Canal Bar in Rathbourne, Ashtown? Is it ever going to open? The restaurant above it is open months now. It would be a great addition to Ashtown area were there is really only the Halfway House.

First went there 4 months ago, told bar open in about 2 weeks, had the tour of the bar and there was not much needed to open up but still no sign. starting to get worried as half the summer is over and they could have been cleaning up.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭No1J

Gave them a buzz today, what's the story? Got a bit of a Bla Bla but sounds like it could be IMMENENT!!!
    Next week;) also, and here's where it gets interesting, some other things will be added to the menu that Irish diners might not be used to, mention of spice/heat:D hope it happens soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭madbadger

Its opening this saturday... See here: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=208917625845474

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Don't know whether i should start a new thread on this but this place is dreadful...wasted opportunity.

Decor is atrocious, food is disgusting and layout and furniture are beyond terrible.

Needs complete overall and new management.

Douglas and Kaldi 10 meters away are doing a roaring trade and rightly..this place just looks like its just waiting to close down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Only ever had food there once (going back a year or two) and it was actually really nice! Was a Groupon too so good value. Pity it's got downhill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭AlanG

Have to agree. The only time I was in there for a drink was during the day and the toilets were a disgrace, locks and seats were broken and no paper. This could be a lovely spot but it seems to have very poor management.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,033 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

I've found the food OK but the place has no soul as a bar, I'd much rather be in the Halfway than there. Agree on the decor & layout, it's not good. I think it's location is super, so it could be so much better than it is. On the positive side I've found the staff to be great, very friendly & helpful.

Advertisement