Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

trap a new wild kitten

• 25-06-2011 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

a new wild kitten just turned up in my garden today. I wont go near it nor will anyone i know. it can only be a few days old. Mother seems to have abandoned it.

Does anyone know or can provide a link for someone who can trap it and remove it from my garden. There is no food in my garden, so im sure it will die if not rescued.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

jjkiernan wrote: »
    a new wild kitten just turned up in my garden today. I wont go near it nor will anyone i know. it can only be a few days old. Mother seems to have abandoned it.

Does anyone know or can provide a link for someone who can trap it and remove it from my garden. There is no food in my garden, so im sure it will die if not rescued.

Can i ask why you wont go near it?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 jjkiernan

I just do not like cats. have a fear of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

jjkiernan wrote: »

If it's only a few days old you shouldn't need a trap, it should only be a matter of walking up to it and picking it up. If it's running around and difficult to pick up then it's more than a few days old. If it really is only a few days old then you urgently need someone to remove it and start feeding it with substitute milk, at this stage it will die if it's alone outside and not getting fed.
    Have you not any neighbours or relatives who could pick it up and just take it in for a few nights while you try to get someone to take it on more permanently?

Where in the country are you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

i think you might find a few charitable boardsies here who will try and help, if your in south county Dublin, I'd like to try and rehome it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 297 ✭✭MaryK666

Any update on the kitten? Did you get it picked up? Please let us know.

Advertisement