Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a really basic phone...

Options
  • 25-06-2011 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭

Since my old phone is now probably kaputt, and as it was about four or five years old anyway, it's time to think about getting a new one.

I'm not asking for much - just that it have the capability to text, make calls, and a nice keypad would be perfect.
    No other features required. Maybe a calendar and an alarm clock, but I can live without those.

I don't want a touchscreen, a slider or a flip phone.
    I don't want internet.
    No major preference for which provider.
    Preference for Pre-pay.
    Price: as cheap as possible. Not because I'm scabby or really strapped for the cash, but because I reckon the cheaper it is, the fewer "amazing functions" it will have. If there's the option to get a waterproof/smashproof phone for the extra few bob, I'd be interested in that.

On the other hand - does one need a phone at all?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Will have a look at that, cheers.
    Am currently tempted by this:
    http://www.o2online.ie/o2/shop/phones/detail.php?pid=24

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

If your last phone was a Nokia, I'd stick with that brand because the change to another make, especially if Sony Ericsson can be traumatic.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

This post has been deleted.

I was going to say exactly what Captain Morgan said.

My partner got one of those last week and it's perfect for him, it does exactly what you are looking for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

i have a nokia green screen model 1100, u can have it if your based in cork?
    prefect working conditon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Cheers all, but my old phone seems to have come back from the dead, at least temporarily.

Mods, feel free to lock..

Advertisement