Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ragnarok Online

Options
  • 25-06-2011 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭

I have played this game before with a friend about 2 years ago and I got bored of it after about 2 weeks.

However, I want to play it again to see if I can get back into it.

Downloading it from their site as I speak right now and it's about 1GB strong.

Is there anything else I need to get to play this game online? Because I think I had to download a few bits and bobs so it would allow me to get into games with my friend but I can't fully remember.

Any ideas? Thanks.

GamerCFC

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

You are referring to "Private Servers." Not sure if that kind of talk is allowed on here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

You are referring to "Private Servers." Not sure if that kind of talk is allowed on here.
    Its not clear that they are referring to private servers.

As for private servers, it's not prohibited to talk about it in a general sense.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Its not clear that they are referring to private servers.

As for private servers, it's not prohibited to talk about it in a general sense.

You don't need extra "bits and bobs" if you are actually playing on EUro as it's in English. Private servers use Korean Clients because the server based software is either ripped off directly from Gravity's software, or reversed engineered by people who use Kro. Private servers release additional patches to translate it, some to even add in a collection of customisations.

In a general sense, I'm not picking out 1 in particular, more so a list of them. (Here)

The Servers with the higher rates mean you'll gain exp and level up very quickly. This may have been what you found boring before. I'd suggest a server in the region of 150x to 200x. You can get to mid level quite quickly, but will still take a while to reach max level. That is if the server has changed their exp tables to allow for higher levels, most mid range servers usually had it up to 255 as opposed to the standard 99, when I used to be envolved in that stuff a few years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Well until the OP comes along and tells us that they want to play on a private server we can just as well assume they're not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Um... I never mentioned anything about private servers I just couldn't remember how to get the game up and running. Was a long time ago....

• Advertisement
Advertisement