Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Somewhere to donate magazines?

Options
  • 25-06-2011 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone knows of anywhere in Dublin that would be looking for donations of magazines? I have plenty that are like new, not even a month old that it seems like a pity to dump. The ones I'd have would be women's/fashion e.g. Grazia, Look and the likes.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

Doctor's surgeries, hair dressers etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I normally give magazines / books to a local resource centre - (it's where they hold courses like art / photography / knitting etc.) ask your local priest or library where yours is. They are always very grateful to receive anything.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Family rooms in hospitals.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Pretty Polly

Charity shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Charity shops.

I know the Oxfam shop on Georges Street happily accepts magazines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

most charity shops will alright..

• Registered Users Posts: 39 paul8f

I tried to donate a box of old mags to the CUH in Bishopstown, but they wouldn't accept them on Health & Safety grounds.

(I'm guessing the magazines could possibly end up bringing harmful bacteria into the hospital environment.)

Advertisement