Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you get a CAO offer can you do FETAC instead?

Options
  • 25-06-2011 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭

Basically what the thread title says. I've applied for a few courses through the CAO but in reality the only course I actually want is my first choice. So if I don't get into that course, but get into a another course I listed can I go and do a FETAC instead? I've already done a level 5, so I'd like to continue and do a level 6 if I don't get my first choice. Is there any sort of penalty for doing that or would it be okay?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 gonegray

you are under no obligation to accept a CAO offer. If you don't accept an offer within a certain time the offer is considered lasped.

From my reading the CAO handbook it seems that not accepting a first offer does not mean you will not get a subsequent offer ( in you case for your first choice). Just to be sure read the offer section of the handbook (pages 21-22) and contact the CAO office if you are still not sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

It's not like they are going to bundle you in the back of a van or anything should you fail to accept the CAO offer:pac: Don't worry about it.

Advertisement