Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent allowance and landlords

Options
  • 24-06-2011 3:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Does anyone know how this works now?
    I'm going to view a new flat tomorrow.

:rolleyes:

- Sean.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭ricman

Only people on welfare,pensioners or single mothers are eligible for ra.Many houses or flats are over the limit,eg you wont get a 3bed house in rathmines for 930 per month.It would not be practical for a landlord in certain areas to take ra,as it would mean a large drop in rental income.
    If you are on ra ,you,ll end up living in a working class area,or flatland ,eg north circular ,rathmines etc,in a small flat or bedsit.I see few single mothers looking to rent apartments, as they can get a 3bed house for the same rent.
    if the average rent in an area is over the ra limit, theres no incentive to accept ra,for a landlord.
    can you clarify ,what works now?do you mean the ra system.I would ring first before viewing,unless the ad says ,ra accepted,otherwise its a waste of time, say, do you take ra tenants.

Advertisement