Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Network Hard Drive

• 25-06-2011 9:03pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 18

Hi,

I have a WiFi router which I used to share the internet and a printer.
    Is it possible to add a hard drive to the router so that I can back up my file to it over the WiFi and access my file through the internet from anywhere?
    If so what can someone recommend a suitable 1 or 2 Tb hard drive.

Thanks
    Hugh

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

What model is the router? Does supports USB media attached to usb ports or only usb print shring ?

Why don't you get a small desktop NAS,1-2Tb ,minimum in RAID1 and job done ?
    i used to love Iomega until they have failed on me with OS ,now i am using Buffalo,quite happy so far !
    each NAS comes with Ethernet port connected to one of your router's lan ports,then is a matter of using the web browser or desktop application to share the internal storage over...

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 18 TrimLad

My router is an old Belkin which does not have an USB port.
    I have seen the Iomega and GoFlex in PC World and was was considering one of these.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

If you buy an Netgear Readynas, they can be setup to share files over the internet.

Advertisement