Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Robbie Williams promises free concert?

Options
  • 25-06-2011 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭

This is debatable but I got excited during the Take That concert at Croke Park where Robbie reminded Dublin that he would play a free gig.

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2011/0620/robbiewilliams.html

From what I've heard he wanted to play it while Take That were in Dublin but Gary didn't let him. So with a new album out hopefully before christmas, Robbie might (and just might) be doing a new solo tour next year that could include a free Irish show.

So what are you all Robbie fans hoping for (if he does a free concert that is).

I'm hoping that rather than Croke Park again he could do it somewhere like the Phoenix Park. That way tickets can be sold to over 100,000 people + we know the tickets will sell out faster than light if they are free.

And to all Robbie haters reading this thread, don't even bother. Some of us will get really annoyed with unnecessary trolling. If you don't like Williams music thats your choice, I have nothing against you for having different taste because thats what makes the world go round.

Otherwise will he keep his promise this time?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,938 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

The only way it'll work is by ballot, he'll announce the show and people will be able to apply for a ticket, as it's free expect in excess of 500,000+ applying

If it's at free then it'll be at Croker as putting a free gig on at Phoenix will cost a fortune in barriers, sealing the place off etc.

You'll have a 1 in 8 chance of getting tickets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

yeah, i don't even listen to robbie williams music, but if hes giving away free tickets I will be applying and going....

there will be somthing in the papers about "free tickets for sale online" or some other headline....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Believe the new album has been co written with Gary who will also be producing the album.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Believe the new album has been co written with Gary who will also be producing the album.

It has indeed.

I'm not sure if that means Gary will be singing on any songs and if we can expect another duet from the two (like Shame) but Robbie did say he wants to get back to his own thing, meaning touring and recording solo.

But yeah as much as I'd love another Phoenix Park show, Croker seems much more likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

karaokeman wrote: »
    It has indeed.

I'm not sure if that means Gary will be singing on any songs and if we can expect another duet from the two (like Shame) but Robbie did say he wants to get back to his own thing, meaning touring and recording solo.

But yeah as much as I'd love another Phoenix Park show, Croker seems much more likely.

I doubt it to be honest, will be pretty much a back seat role for Gary as soon as the album is done.

I will be very interested in the production side of the album, definitely something I would like Gary to really focus on going forward together with his writing for others.

Think the two do/will work well together.

• Advertisement
Advertisement