Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bodhran Lessons

Options
  • 25-06-2011 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi everybody I'm new to all this so please stick with me if I'm slow!
    I'm lookin for a bit of advice and lessons on the bodhran. I don't mind paying but I'm just so confused about what type of bodhran. I'm afraid I'll get ripped off. Anyway I kinda also need lessons.......I live in the midlands and am not afraid to travel. So get back to me if ya can help it would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Bbbbolger

If you're a complete beginner I'd advise you to just get a cheap Bodhran which you can learn the basics on. No point splashing out on an expensive instrument until you're sure you want to keep playing. The drum itself won't make too big a difference until you have all the basics down.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 yeshboyz

Hi Martin

If Galway is not to far to travel let me know. Thanks and goodluck

• Registered Users Posts: 9 yeshboyz

Good advice BBlogger,

Just looking and 2nd hand nice drums are now appearing on D-Deal for €75, to me this wouold be a much better investment than a 'cheap one' at €50!

Even if it dosent work out they both look pritty on the wall!

Hope this helps

M

Advertisement