Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

meteor data down

Options
  • 25-06-2011 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭

Anybody having issue with meteor data ive three phones and galaxy tab and cant connect:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Anybody having issue with meteor data ive three phones and galaxy tab and cant connect:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
    Down in Kildare too jmmy
    Edit Just back now

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

could this be why my Phone's battery is draining so quickly, it's searching for 3g constantly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

Down in Galway aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭ianblyth

Another Galway. It disappeared about 9.30 came back about 12pm I think

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

dr ro wrote: »
    could this be why my Phone's battery is draining so quickly, it's searching for 3g constantly?

go to network settings and change it to gsm,looking for 3g does drain battery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

yeah i did that and it's the same. Over the last 3 or 4 days I've noticed battery life has been halved under the same conditions. I thought it was the 3g issue or a hung app but I've switched3g off and restarted the phone several times including long hold. I've downloaded energy profiler and app stop. I think i might try a new battery even though it's only 7 months old and shouldn't need one. Then a factory reset if that fails. Battery time went from full day under heavy usage to half day under moderate usage of same apps and browser.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭RonnieL

Are people still having data problems on Meteor? Mine was out all day yesterday and there's no sign of a signal again today. I'm in Galway city.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭RonnieL

RonnieL wrote: »
    Are people still having data problems on Meteor? Mine was out all day yesterday and there's no sign of a signal again today. I'm in Galway city.

Scratch that - it turns out I'm a muppet and I had somehow turned off data packets without realising.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭hada

Still having problems with data today.... anyone else on same boat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I haven't had internet since yesterday on my Samsung Galaxy S2. Strangely enough though everything else works. Just not internet browsing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭Ardent

HTTP/web on my Galaxy S 2 is not working right now, but gmail/STMP is fine. I'm Dublin.

As a new meteor customer, I'm a disappointed with all these outages. Is this a long term problem with their network?

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭PG4000

KTRIC wrote: »
    I haven't had internet since yesterday on my Samsung Galaxy S2. Strangely enough though everything else works. Just not internet browsing.

I'm the same on my SGS 1. Twitter, Gmail etc work but browsing a web page is impossible....

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭alanucc

Same problems here in Cork on a Galaxy S2 since a day or two ago. Strangely everything else works except the browser?

Advertisement