Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Haggling with letting agents for monthly rent in Carlow

Options
  • 25-06-2011 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,
    I'm thinking of renting a house in Carlow - 925 for a 4 bedroom house.
    The house has been on daft for 3 months so I figure I have grounds to haggle with the agents and maybe settle on 800 or so. Has anyone had success in doing so in the last few months?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

thats mad money - a 4 bed in the town is usually less that 700

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭terencemc

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=1058545&s[mnp]=1&s[mxp]=1000&s[bd_no]=4

Here it is, it does look a bit bigger than your average 4 bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Do your research, see what the going rate is and then try to push them down even a little bit more on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

Gosh..Some letting agencies don't realize people are short of money these days. Will l pay 925 Monthly!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Dboy85

Owners of properties are more than entitled to set the rate at which they expect to get but at the end of the day they will only get what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm sure your aware its a nice area and a cool gaff too so maybe its worth the haggle.
    I had some success lowering the price of my gaff but I deal directly with the landlord so its that bit easier and informal. Good luck either way but its a renters market now as land lords are crippled with debt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

I was having a look at a few places to rent for college next year with a few people, the going rate for a 3 bed room was way lower then 800!
    Make sure and do your research before offering anything to the agent! That way you can back up your offer with facts about the current market in Carlow town.

(Nice looking house though :P )

Advertisement