Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Law & Business in Trinity

• 26-06-2011 12:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

Hey everyone,

I'm considering doing a Law course, preferably Law & Business in TCD starting this year.

However, this is my back up plan if I don't end up getting my first or second course. Just for some info, I have already done business for the LC.

I have read mixed reviews on boards and I'm not too sure what to think about a Law course at the moment.

I would appreciate it if anyone that is doing or has done such a course could tell me:

1. Is the course interesting in relative terms?
    2. Whats the workload like and hours per week?
    3. Social life
    4. Future career and salary

Thanks a lot in advance :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 96 ✭✭funki_munkee

I just did straight law myself so cant comment on the business side of things. From my experience, the workload was very small only a few hours a week, 9 maybe? Obviously if you do decide to do business as well that will add to your timetable significantly. As a course I found it really interesting, easy to relate to and much more interesting than secondary school stuff. I wouldnt say that the subjects got harder as you went up through the years, you just do different subjects. At the end of your college degree, you wont be a qualified solicitor/barrister, you will have to do further exams in order for this to happen. If its becoming a solicitor you're considering, these exams are called the FE1s and once completed it takes roughly two more years, where you undergo an apprenticeship and complete a training course.

Advertisement