Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

emobile data roaming? strange one

Options
  • 26-06-2011 1:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭

came accross this wording on the emobile site

Data add-ons

Do you use your mobile alot for email and internet browsing?
    If so, we recommend you buy a data add-on otherwise you will be charged 2c per MB in the EU, Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein and 2c per KB in all other countries.

here is the link click on data addons

http://www.emobile.ie/phonesplansmore/addons/

seems like data roaming??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Well spotted. However, as usual, the website is a bit vague on roaming generally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

Asked for clarification on this from eMobile. Will post response.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

Reply from e-mobile:

Just waiting on the offical line however we are updating to the page to reflect this. As an aside data charging will work as below:

For data roaming, customers will be charged per MB in the EU, Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein and 2c per KB in all other countries, whether they have a data bundle or not.

Within the EU, customers are charged 99c per MB. In all other roaming destinations, customers using data while roaming are charged at 1c per kb (€10.24 per MB). Just in relation to displaying this rate on the website, ComReg are insistent that, where we quote rates on a per kb basis, we must also provide the per MB rate. So the rate for data roaming outside the EU should always appear as “1c per kb (€10.24 per MB)”.

Once I get clarification that the page has been changed I'll let you know.

Thanks,

Steve
    Last edited by eMobile: Steve; Today at 11:13. Reason: Needed to edit it to make it somewhat readable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Wish I'd seen this thread earlier.

I was operating from the webpage (which is still saying 2c per MB in the EU), and can't get through to anyone on the phone.

At €0.02 per MB I should have been charged about €1.50, as opposed to the €65 I was billed. Can't get through to anyone on the customer care line - not sure if that's because it's a bank holiday or if their menu system is circular.

Advertisement