Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

20 and Sunny in the Middle of Winter.

Options
  • 26-06-2011 4:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭

Anyone who doesnt love this place when this happens?

*heads out for bushwalk*

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

nice alright isn't it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

The winter down there is better than most of our summers here, man I wish I could go back!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

It's 20C in Brisbane right now (according to my phone).

I'm cold!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

27 in the shade here in the East Midlands! :p

Though it's all to revert back to normal tomorrow, a sweltering high of 17 is predicted... :rolleyes:

Might be moving to WA in around 4 weeks so am looking forward to the winter warmth! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭laoisforliam

Thunderstorms and flash flooding this morning in the South West.. the whole apartment was being illuminated with lightning and the thunder sounded like bombs going off!!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Any of that tennis ball sized hail stones over there? I saw a good share of cars all pock marks from the hailstones when I was in Melbourne a year ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

No hail this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

sudzs wrote: »
    Might be moving to WA in around 4 weeks so am looking forward to the winter warmth! :)

Lol hate to burst your bubble but...

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/newshome/9719753/wild-storm-lashes-sw/

28062011genwet1_170ib84-170ib87.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 jaycarlow

Sent home from work in Mindarie today cause of the rain...Did anyone see the pink sky this mornin up that way was scary ****....No work yesterday cause the rain Friday nite washed sand into the pit we were supposed to shutter

Miss home..haha

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭spunkymunky

jaycarlow wrote: »
    Sent home from work in Mindarie today cause of the rain...Did anyone see the pink sky this mornin up that way was scary ****....No work yesterday cause the rain Friday nite washed sand into the pit we were supposed to shutter

Miss home..haha

Miss home??? It couldnt be any more like home!!! Sent home from work for a little bit of bad weather??? That has Ireland written all over it!!

But highs of 15 (in Melbourne)??? Yeah i can take the winter here!! Walked from Brighton beach to St kilda on Sunday....great walk, sun in my face for like 3 hours!! its the summer im dreading:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Xavi6 wrote: »

Thanks, I'm well and truly deflated now!

And holy moley! Look at this huge green thing!

http://weather.thewest.yahoo.com.au/radar/wa

.......damn! it's gone now! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Sitting in a rooftop bar in Melbourne at a cosy 17 degrees :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

just off little Collins?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

The one on swanston. Above cookie.
    Although i did see one from exhibition street the other day near little Collins or bourke, can.t remember now. Must try it.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

jaycarlow wrote: »

Miss home..haha

Yeah wtf! That sky was mad colour the other morning.
    Was up fishing in Mindarie today and a shower passed over near sunset and turned one side of the cloud bright yellow and the other black with one of the best rainbows iv seen.
    Giving sh1te weather all week now for Perth.

Advertisement