Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox live age problem

• 26-06-2011 5:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Alright lads, my little bro put his age as 14 when setting up xbox :mad: we share the same account, which means i cant play FIFA because the account age is too young. I cant make a new account because i just put in my 12 month gold membership. Is there any way to change the age, or transfer the membership to another account?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,402 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

No and No. If the age has been setup as under 16 the you're up sh!t creek. You can create a new account and try and get a month free trial off the Xbox. But in relation to transfers you cant move details from one account to another.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭CasualLiKE

Go to system settings - family settings and change the privacy options allowed on the console. This however will only work with a linked parent account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

That still won't wrong. It's an EA restriction, not an Xbox restriction.

If you've only just put the subscription on, like a day or two, call Xbox support and tell them you put it on the wrong account. They should be able to switch it for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,402 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

If its within 30 days and a CC, we'll refund it. A prepaid card is more difficult, but same thing. 30 days is the threshold.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭ForzaSaints

Thanks lads, only put the Pre Paid card in on Friday, So il ring them tomorrow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

did he use his email which said he was under 18?
    this happened to me.
    if so go to account management-your information and windows live id and change the windows live id linked to the account to your email which says you are over 18.
    worked for me anyway

Advertisement