Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving from Vodafone back to Eircom, Shall I?

• 26-06-2011 8:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭

Ive been a happy Vodafone customer for 2 years now, Im moving house in the next 6 weeks. I'm thinking of moving back to Eircom as it may be easier for the move (Getting a new account) instead of moving the vodafone account over.

Questions, Im paying 40€ a month for 40GB download allowance on 8mb BB, with off peak calls and 200m to vodafone mobiles. Also the Vodafone router has the ability to attach USB hard drives to it (Which i do) to use as a home network storage.

Will i get the same value with Eircom and be able to have hard drives connected to their routers like i do with the vodafone router?

The reason why i am thinking of moving is because ive heard it takes ages to move over a non Eircom account to another property and I cant be doing with out BB service for over 25 days.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

It'll take just as long to create a new account for a new address. 21 days, I believe?

Eircom currently send out a Zyxel modem, which doesn't have any USB ports, and is a hunk of sh!t. Saying that, you could use the Vodafone modem instead, just change the PPPoE Username and Password to eircom's ones.

Probably easier to stay with your current provider, but then again I believe that Eircom have some kind of deal for ringing Meteor and E-Mobile numbers, and probably have off-peak calls too. Be sure to check all the available packages to see what they come with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

i think eircom would be cheaper for the 1st 6 months then be more expensive for a simular package. Is it easy to just change the modem username and password so that it can be used with another provider? Would have thought it would hat been networked locked?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

If you are with eircom, take a look at e-mobile too. They've some decent bundle options if you've a landline with eircom.

Advertisement