Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jumping Hour anyone?

• 26-06-2011 11:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 678 ✭✭✭

It must be the weather (thanks peasant for the excuse, don't know if will be enough for the wife tough) but yesterday I bought a Chinese jumping hour watch. Although I like how it looks, I'm afraid will be too small for me (only 33mm without crown) as I usualy wear ABC watches which are notoriously big, but hoping to compensate in the lug to lug distance - 56mm. If it doesn't fit, watch the "for sale" corner ;).

Now the thorny part :eek:: the wife doesn't know yet but as I'm taking the kids to the grandparents next week and I'm staying with them for another 2 weeks, I hope the fury will pass by the time I'm coming back. If not, I'll just stay there indefinitely.

Here's a pic taken by the seller:

Minorva%252520Jumping%252520Hour.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Took me a while to figure out what you where on about :o

I was expecting something like this:
    caravelle.jpg

Only after several glances at the watchface did it dawn on me :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 678 ✭✭✭m4r10

Well, I should've said crazy jump hour.

Yes, the one in your pic is a jump hour as well, I had something like that in mind for a while now, but as they're somehow old (vintage?), they tend to be on the small size. I had a Citizen Promaster at 40mm and I sold because it looked too small on the wrist, that's why I'm wary about this one. I should find out in about 3-4 weeks :D

Came back home on Sunday and the watch was home to my surprise. After wearing it a few times, I'm impressed by how it feels on the wrist: heavier that I thought and has more presence on the wrist that the size would suggest (33mm w/c). Even my wife likes it!!! All in all, I'm very happy with it and it is a keeper.

Here are some pics of the watch:

Minorva%252520001.jpg

Minorva%252520002.jpg

Minorva%252520003.jpg

Minorva%252520005.jpg

Minorva%252520004.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Very cool with a Tourbillon movement.

Although it says tourbillon, it's only a see trough open heart. Still cool though to see on the face the parts moving inside of the watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Wouldn't be my kind of watch but it does look pretty impressive and fairly well made.

Wear it in good health.

Advertisement