Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Golf GT TDI pd 130 vs Golf TDI pd 130

Options
  • 26-06-2011 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭

Hello guys,

Trawling the internet trying to find out exactly what the spec difference between these two models are.

Please shine the light on it for me. I cannot find a definitive answer with regards to standard spec for these two models.

Is there a difference at all?

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

The GT was added by UK dealers - means nothing really. Infact its best to ignore all badges and their colour on the back of TDI cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭retrothis

voxpop wrote: »
    The GT was added by UK dealers - means nothing really. Infact its best to ignore all badges and their colour on the back of TDI cars.

Is it the case where the dealers just buy in a "G" and a "T" and then stick them onto PD 130s and 50s themselves?
    If thats the case, I'd be taking a flathead to those letters (IF I was driving a PD 130/50 :rolleyes:)

This issue's been confusing me for a while...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

yes - when talking about mk4 golfs - vw had official interior levels of comfortline and highline (might have been others) - anything with a GT TDI should be highline but as I said anyone can and does stick those badges on the back. The GT badges was a UK dealer money making idea.

Same goes for the red lettering - means nothing really - best off checking the spare wheel well under the boot floor. IT will have a sticker with the engine power in kw - 96kw (i think) is 130bhp

This all refers to the mk4 - these days there is an official mk6 GTD golf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Popoutman

As far as I remember, the GT TDi had the GTi interior, but I could be quite mistaken.
    I do remember though that the 150 bhp version was GT-TDi only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Popoutman

double-post :/

• Registered Users Posts: 7 APDTDI

In the uk you could get the 115, 130 150 as the GT TDI. They were just highline golfs maybe with a few extras but they were just a badge on the back. VW never made a GT Tdi MK4 Golf. It was all Marketing and it worked.

BTW I think there is a higher Insurance Loading on the GT TDIs than the Highlines but not 100% certain on that

@popoutman: It was possible to get the 150 in highline spec not GT spec.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Squall19

They are all inferior to the much quicker Seat Ibiza Cupra 160 PD.

At 1100kg and 160 bhp it was undeniably quick.

Golf tips the scales at nearly 1300kg.

It's much slower.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

So if I see a GT TDI driving down the road its not a real production car but just a high end golf with an extra badge applied on by UK dealers?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 APDTDI

If it is a mk4 yes. Just a high spec car with a different badge on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Plug wrote: »
    So if I see a GT TDI driving down the road its not a real production car but just a high end golf with an extra badge applied on by UK dealers?

Exactly. GT TDI = TDI, closely related to RS4 TDI :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Exactly. GT TDI = TDI, closely related to RS4 TDI :pac:
    That cleared up a lot. I was wondering where they all came out of.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Squall19 wrote: »

It's much slower.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Flyer1

Squall19 wrote: »

It's much slower.

It's still a diesel hatchback. It feels a lot faster then it actually is.

Advertisement