Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

driving with mobile phone

• 26-06-2011 12:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

if you see someone driving using mobile in an estate and you complain to AGS what happens? Do they follow it up on the complaint given it could be the driver's word against yours etc. How do they folow up

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Short answer is they don't. Unless you get a photo of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

i think it's crazy that you can get penalty points for using a phone while driving, yet you can eat a breakfast roll with two hands while steering with your knee with a bottle of coke between your legs cos you've no can holder, and your passenger operating the gears......
    "Ready - 2nd....... Ready - 3rd....... That's not 3rd, it's 5th, you moron...."

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

fencedin wrote: »
    if you see someone driving using mobile in an estate and you complain to AGS what happens? Do they follow it up on the complaint given it could be the driver's word against yours etc. How do they folow up

I wouldn't say they would even bother following up, how can it be proven? Have you got evidence of this? I have Bluetooth in my car, thank god I don't have you living near me, I don't think the guard who lives 2 doors down from me has a hands free kit unfortunately, he may not be as lucky to escape your Sunday morning ponderings....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 fencedin

Fieldog wrote: »
    I wouldn't say they would even bother following up, how can it be proven? Have you got evidence of this? I have Bluetooth in my car, thank god I don't have you living near me, I don't think the guard who lives 2 doors down from me has a hands free kit unfortunately, he may not be as lucky to escape your Sunday morning ponderings....
    obviously you do not know law or care about idiots driving where kids are and i am not interested in your high horse arguments. is the garda allowed use phone when not on duty

obviously you do not know law or care about idiots driving where kids are and i am not interested in your high horse arguments. is the garda allowed use phone when not on duty

wish i had a neighbour like you......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39 fencedin

fieldog on ignore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

fieldog on ignore

Unlike your neighbor?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

alproctor wrote: »
    i think it's crazy that you can get penalty points for using a phone while driving, yet you can eat a breakfast roll with two hands while steering with your knee with a bottle of coke between your legs cos you've no can holder, and your passenger operating the gears......
    "Ready - 2nd....... Ready - 3rd....... That's not 3rd, it's 5th, you moron...."

:D

You cant, its called driving with undue care and attention.......

Unlike your neighbor?

LOL
    Good shout.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

If it's not a public road then many road traffic fines will not apply. If it is a not a public road but is public place then the person can be done under Section 51, 52 or 53 (among others) of the Road Traffic Acts. Simply driving while on the phone is not sufficient for these offences, there must be some element of bad driving associated with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Fieldog wrote: »
    No but he is the only one in my quiet nice estate that drives like an ass with kids around here, mine and my partners, whether on duty or not, he appears to be always on duty! Should I complain to the ombudsman?

Advertisement