Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Make up at Fairyhouse Market

• 26-06-2011 1:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭

Has anybody ever bought make up at the Fairyhouse market? I hear they sell MAC and other expensive brands for a cheaper price. I know somebody who has bought from them and had a good experience, but thats only one person! Has anyone had good/bad experiences? Is the stuff genuine? What other brands of cosmetics can you get?

Thanks for the help in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ladysarastro

Hey, I was gonna say 99 % percent of the time they're fake but nah its more like 100% of the time they're fake. Its easy to spot them if you do a little bit of research.
    In regards to Mac some key points to remember are:
    Mac only ever do 4 or 5 piece brush sets. They had one sat once that had 8 brushes. In this brush set there was a 187. If you see an 8 piece without it, its fake. Same as the brush belt that has like 15 or 20. Mac never made anything like that. How an ever i did buy a 4 piece face brush in a gold case knowing it was fake and i got lucky as i love it!!!
    Eyeshadows generally come in round pots. Mostly the quads have round eyeshadows. I've seen palettes with 8, 10 etc eyeshadows in a long thin pan. Mac never made that. Also eyeshadows have names like brule and satin taupe not beige or grey etc.
    Lipsticks\lipglosses again have names like creme de cup or Underage. If ya see one in pink or red its fake.
    Another one I seen was an eyeliner\ eyebrow pencil in black or brown. Mac don't make that.
    Blushes and compact foundations. The shape of the compact is wrong. The fake blushes have a lift up bit under the powder with a brush and generally are called pink and not something correct like pinch o peach. The compact foundations come in some colour like nc 100.... If a pale person is something like nc 15 and a dark skinned person is say nc 55 then nc 100 would be the equivalent of a lump of coal.

I know this is a lot to read. I just find that the people selling them are so rude and try to take your hard earned money knowing its fake. if they were selling then for 3 or 4 euro sure i'd be tempted but they're 30 or 40 and in all honesty you don't know what ingredients are in them. I'd rather not risk my skin having a horrific reactions as I know several people have

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

My friend has a compact with about 8 shadows in them and the shadows are absolutely crap.

She paid about 30e for them and she could have gotten at least 2 Bourjois shadows or something for that price.

We went on a night out recently enough there and she wore her "MAC" and at the end of the night, she had no eyeshadow left on her and her eyes were actually sore.

Look at the back of the product like, very clearly fake fake fake. Fake bags are one thing, fake make up quite another IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Fake make up is all over the place. Ebay, adverts.ie, markets, etc. Just like fake GHDs.

Your money is better spent buying tested chemist brands like Rimmel, GOSH and the rest rather than paying 20 quid for something someone got from China which hasn't been tested for safety.

Mac is only ever sold in high end department stores. They have no need to sell their products wholesale to guys in markets.

Remember that if it's too good to be true, it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

I have to agree, i bought a few eye shadows once, thinking they were a great deal as the had the mac label and everything, it was in my make up bag for awhle, now while there was rough and tumble, it comes everywhere with me, the the mac eye shadows i bought for what i know now as knock off, the eye shadow actually fell apart, came out of the casing and destroyed my bag. But i have mac eye shadows in same bag at the same time, that i bought in a mac outlet, and nothing happened? and the application of the fake was ****e, didnt stay put at all

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I've seen this stuff at markets, all fake. You never know what could be in them, and then you go putting it on your face and eyes. Not safe!

Another thing to look out for is eyeshadows with sponge tip applicators. Mac eyeshadows never come with brushes, let alone sponge ones. The only exceptions here I think are the special edition holiday pallets that come with a mini version of a full size brush.

If you Google "How to spot fake Mac" loads of guides will come up, very handy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭lil-ms-vodka

Buy a lot at Fairyhouse, have never been into Mac, but use Max Factor, Maybelline & L'Oreal all at least 50% less than retail prices :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭Sarah Bear

i always buy max factor rimmell and loreal.. they are much cheaper and not fake .. but probably robbed lol :rolleyes:.. never mac though they are just bad fakes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Yeah the Mac fakes are terrible. I bought the 8 brush set before (I knew it was fake, but I decided to give it a try as I got it for €15) and they're useless. Brushes fell apart and the hairs came out really quickly.

The eyeshadows have lovely colours so are very tempting but a girl I was in college with bought loads of them and they were absolutely crap. She came in with them all one day and told us they were real but it was as clear as day that they were fake, the "Mac" on the front of one of the palettes was already wearing off, the pigmentation was terrible and the eyeshadows are packed really loosely, not like real Mac ones at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 little g

anyone a contact number for robert in the market i want to book in 2m am please help?

Advertisement