Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone Unlocking in the City

Options
  • 26-06-2011 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭

Hi All

I need to get my phone unlocked from Vodaphone and wondering the cheapest place around the city to get it done?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

the kiosk in tesco in paul st.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

booboo88 wrote: »
    the kiosk in tesco in paul st.

Thanks for that - any idea what they charge ?

it really depends on the phone, i got mine nokia c3...i think it is anyway for 30eur, and my friend got her iphone unlocked for 20eur

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Needler

booboo88 wrote: »
    it really depends on the phone, i got mine nokia c3...i think it is anyway for 30eur, and my friend got her iphone unlocked for 20eur

Costly. he never did seem cheap, a lot of the stuff in his window being over priced or chinese gimmicks and copies

Is the Kiosk in the shopping Centre itself ? I can’t find the tel number anywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Needler

Barr wrote: »
    Is the Kiosk in the shopping Centre itself ? I can’t find the tel number anywhere.

Tis

Needler wrote: »
    Costly. he never did seem cheap, a lot of the stuff in his window being over priced or chinese gimmicks and copies
    the guy on maylor street wouldnt unlock my phone so i had no other choice :(

I found an ad in the echo last nite for a place in the Tramore rd. I called them today and its €25 (which I think is alot)

Anyway I was told there is nowhere that can do sony ericson at the moment- something to do with software so I'll have to wait a while to get it sorted :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Ian Mac

Polish guy on Patricks Quay few doors down from the Vic doing it for a reasonable price , have used before. The price of course depends on the model of the phone , don't be afraid to haggle.

Ian Mac wrote: »
    Polish guy on Patricks Quay few doors down from the Vic doing it for a reasonable price , have used before. The price of course depends on the model of the phone , don't be afraid to haggle.

Is it a phone shop ?

• Advertisement

GSM Centre it's called , and yes they deal with phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭ofcork

Do any of these places replace screens,dropped my n8 today and cracked the glass the phone is working fine otherwise.

ofcork wrote: »
    Do any of these places replace screens,dropped my n8 today and cracked the glass the phone is working fine otherwise.

The above that I mentioned does yes , but realistically if you were to save a bit of bob for yourself , buy the screen online and do a DIY , plenty of tutorials online :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭ofcork

Yeah did a bit of checking around 24 sterling for the glass and youtube have plenty on it fairly straightforward.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

You could also use fastgsm.com

I used them many times before...Never a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭ruaille buaille

Be careful where u go because I got my phone unlocked before and they messed it up :(
    Someone told me before that your network provider can do it. It would be worth a trip to a Vodafone shop to ask them.

Advertisement