Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ADVANCED HAIR STUDIO

Options
  • 26-06-2011 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

Hi, I'm a 21 year old lad and I'm going bald. Has anyone been to Advanced Hair Studio or the Blackrock Clinic to get treatment? If so, please post some reviews! If anyone has had treatment at Advanced Hair Studio can you please tell me why do you need to return to them every time you need to get a hair cut??? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Mel41

Hi...The reason you have to return to advanced hair studios when you need a hair cut is because of the fact that they have to remove your new hair to cut whats left of your original hair underneath. All they do really,is put a 'swimming cap' on your head..with hair in it. I almost became a customer until I read here what really goes on. If you decide to use advanced hair studio then you'll be paying them for the rest of your life. I made one enquiry and since then I've been literally tormented and harassed by them via phone,post and email. Stay away from them,they dont do what they say they do.
    As far as blackrock clinic is concerned,hair follicle replacement is the way to go if you got the money. Look at it this way....How much will you pay advanced hair studios through your lifetime for nothing more than a glorified wig??? all those call backs,every 2 months.
    You could also check out the european clinics,they are all on the web, Look for Dr.Melike and youll find her clinic..its really impressive and cheaper than blackrock. I have no personal experience but if it was me thats where Id be going. Good luck with it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jason1981

Hi, I've been to both and many other places. From my consultations and research i found that the transplant would only give me short term coverage. As my good hair on top slowly gets thinner i will appear bald again. Blackrock or Ailsbury are the best places to have it done but Blackrock is very expensive because they advertise so much they have to charge a fortune. I would need to keep having transplants as i lost more hair and would eventually run out of donor hair as you can only take so much. So you could never have a full head of hair for long with a transplant. I went with the procedure at Advanced Hair because it was cheaper than a transplant and could give me a thicker head of hair. Of course i would love not to have to go back every month for the maintenance but its worth it because im genuinly delighted with the way the hair looks. As my own hair on top gets thinner i would consider a transplant in the future when it might be more natural to have thinner hair but I will keep using Advanced Hair until cloning comes as that should mean you can have unlimited ammount of transplants. I think its at least 5 years away. I didnt want to wait that long to have hair. Im really happy with how it looks right now. At first i thought the 80 a month was expensive to go back but i do think its worth it for how good i feel about the way the hair looks right now. It is true they do call often to follow up but i'm glad they did as i needed a lot of persuasion to have it done. I've noticed as well that Advanced Hair do the transplants now as well. They say they do the FUE in a clinic in Dublin. Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 3 nonafroman

I went to a number of these hair clinics the first one I went to was the Universal Hair Clinic off Dame St. I went in looking for a solution to stop my hair falling out .I met with the Consultant there and she told me after 5 treatments it would stop falling out then it was 10, 15 then 20! I think I went to 18/19 treatments which cost around 1000. During these treatments my hair fell out more with all the products they used. I would not recommend these at all.

I went to the DHI clinic in the Beacon Clinic 1 year ago and got 2000 hairs implanted for cost of 4,500. I don’t want to under emphasis this but it was one of the most unpleasant things that I have ever gone through. I was there for approx. 5 hrs. and when I signed up for this they failed to tell me of all the blood there would be and also the pain that I would endure. The let me out that evening without any sort of pain killer/ anti-inflammatory or antihistamine as the itch and irritation that I felt in the following weeks was unbearable.

I feel these Companies are all the same after the treatment in the DHI clinic all they were interested in was selling me two €25 euro bottles of shampoo. Glorified baby shampoo I was in such a state I just bought them. The results they say 90% of the hairs should have survived I followed all the instructions to the letter and I would say if I have 10% of them left that’s be generous.
    I went to AHS Advanced Hair studio in Dublin 2 weeks ago and like the other 2 places promised the 100% results and of course they were mad for me to pay a deposit it went from 50% which would have been around €2500 to €200 in the space of 5 mins.

All these Companies are preying on vulnerable people like us. All the same MO really friendly staff really understanding but at the back of it slick sales people that just want you to sign up and give them money. I would have no problem paying the money if it worked but I know from experience the DHI and Universal Clinic you might as well flush money down the drain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Matt46

I am sorry that I did not google Advanced Hair Studio before going for their " free" consultation. This company should not be allowed to continue misleading people. Their strand by strand procedure is just a hairpiece or wig at an exorbitant price. The manager who showed his before and after picture in a brochure did not mention that the before picture was him with his head shaved before having a hairpiece glued to his head. Yes that's right for the strand by strand procedure you have your head shaved before this is glued on, you then have to pay a maintenance of 80 euros every 4-8 weeks for this! Further more you have to buy their products which could easily cost 100 euros every 2-3 months. When I signed I did not tick the boxes to indicate that I understood the procedure and I will be getting legal advice on this. They refused to refund me, and even claimed that I was given a 15% discount on the day I paid the deposit of 50% of the cost of this hairpiece. The contract was punitive as there was no cooling off period and I question how legal it is as it clearly stated this is governed by English law when it was signed in Ireland. So my stupidity has made me more than 5000 euros poorer. However I believe what goes around comes around. I am totally disgusted by this whole experience. So all of you out there if you think of visiting them please read the reviews and be informed that if you want a hairpiece just get one don't bother paying over the odds for strand by strand which is just that ...a hairpiece.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Matt46

I have made a complaint to the national consumer's agency and the advertising standards. I fervently hope these two organisations look into this seriously. To me this is no longer a personal matter, having been ripped off and having seen many others posting similar negative reviews I sincerely hope that no one else will suffer as I did. Just to add to my earlier post Advanced Hair Studio refused to reveal what glue they use on their hairpiece. Presumably this is so they can keep charging you the maintenance fee for having it taken off and re-glued to your scalp. I feel this is a violation of your basic human rights too as everyone is entitled to know what is used on their body. So I hope people read this thread if they ever contemplate going to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 savo1

I have been in with advance hair studio ,they advised i will need laser treatment one day a week for 6 months along with shampoo and tablets .can anyone advise if this is a waste of money ,note my hair is thinning mainly to the crown ,and not bald yet!!
    Thanks in advance .

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭NR04

I think we all just need to admit to ourselves there is no cure for baldness. I've spent around 1,000 on consultations/regain etc. Thank god I never actually let Advanced Hair Studio or any other organisation physically tamper with my head. I did used to know a lad who got the treatment at Advanced Hair Studio. He thought it looked great but people who never met him before used to ask me "is he wearing a wig?" I've been to Blackrock several times and a place in Galway a couple of times but Advanced Hair Studio are the lowest form of scum. I had just turned 21 when I went for a consultation there. They asked me how much money I had to spend on the procedure. I very naively blurted out I had 4,000 euro in savings. He said he could do it for that if I was to put a deposit down here and now. I didn't, and they rang me back every month for a year. Each time I told them to never contact me again. In the end I had to change my phone number.

Advertisement