Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick super witness goes public in the media,foolish?

• 26-06-2011 2:55pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭

I see Mark hefferman has gone to the Sunday World about being a superwitness
    I cant understand this,he is getting 24 hour armed protection surely the Guards dont need this fella being so public

Also the could it affect the case?

There is a video interview on the Sunday World website http://www.sundayworld.com/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

Didn't that case finish in the Special Criminal Court a couple of weeks back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

brave man i'd be in the arctic circle if i was him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭PARKHEAD67

Iang87 wrote: »
    brave man i'd be in the arctic circle if i was him
    Id agree.Hes a marked man.Those Dundons should never be released.Keep making charges against em.Apparently Wayne makes 170 euro a week selling horses:D.Thats the line of crap the solicitor told the judge.He needs free legal aid:o:confused:confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Fair play to him

But has to be one of worst interviews/exclusives that I've ever seen. It's basically the same 5 lines repeated by both parties for the whole thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Terrible interview in terms of it being a good listen, but it probably makes sense for the guy to keep a high profile.

If he kept a low profile and was shot dead, then he would just be a name in the paper, but with a higher profile the scum gang in Weston might bring too much attention to themselves if they kill him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Kess73 wrote: »
    Terrible interview in terms of it being a good listen, but it probably makes sense for the guy to keep a high profile.

If he kept a low profile and was shot dead, then he would just be a name in the paper, but with a higher profile the scum gang in Weston might bring too much attention to themselves if they kill him.

The Steve Collins manoeuvre

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    The Steve Collins manoeuvre

No I think what Steve Collins has done through the media has been done with a very different motivation.

I think that his main motivation is to try and get justice for his murdered son and for his family.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Kess73 wrote: »
    No I think what Steve Collins has done through the media has been done with a very different motivation.

I think that his main motivation is to try and get justice for his murdered son and for his family.

I think he means in between the incident in Brannigans and the shooting of his son. High profile didnt really work there unfortunately, but i agree those scum should never see the light of day again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Found out today the super witness has a past himself and was involved with shady people and that he just went clean to save himself.Makes sense now but him being touted as a hero and youth&community activist sounds like bull

bigpink wrote: »
    Found out today the super witness has a past himself and was involved with shady people and that he just went clean to save himself.Makes sense now but him being touted as a hero and youth&community activist sounds like bull

Thought it was common knowledge that he has a less than white past and that he had prior involvement with some of the people he testified against, one of whom is an ex business partner of his.

The cynic in me thinks this "publicity" will be soon followed by another business venture attempt.

• Advertisement
Advertisement