Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 & Xbox 360 recommandations please

Options
  • 26-06-2011 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭

Hi I recently bought both consoles (320GB & 4GB) and would appreciate some advice on which games to buy, I also wanted to find out about online gaming and which is best at the moment, Xbox or PS3

I like the look of the halo & call of duty etc..

But does it matter which console I buy them for??

Any recommandations would be welcome :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

For PS3 games, check out this thread. Most of the games on the first few pages you can pick up fairly cheaply now. They'd take a fair amount of time for you.

For the PS3, online play is free, unless you want to get DLC/games from the Store. Depending on which games you play there is a good community for the most part. You get the obvious kids screaming and shouting obscenities but after a while you block it out, silence their mics and what not.

For the games, there are no major differences when in comparison. The odd pop up of surroundings in some games and the frame rates, which, unless you're directly playing one next to the other you won't really notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Only difference with online is that Xbox Live costs money PSN is free. In terms of gameplay there is no difference at all. Each option has some differences in terms of content and layout but both do pretty much the same thing.

The single biggest factor is which version do your friends have.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

I have both and with PSN being down recently I played on XBL for the month or so. Obvious answer would be to play whatever your friends are playing. Other than that then its 50/50 imo, PSN is free and does what it says on the tin. XBL... you get what you pay for.. but your not paying an awful lot and imo you aren't getting an awful lot. The actual games are pretty much the same.

For PS3, I recommend uncharted, god of war, demons souls, infamous, MGS4 (**** the haters, its well worth the 10-15euro's that it'd cost now) etc you'll beable to pick up a bunch of great games on the cheap that have been out for a few years.

I don't really play many xbox games so i'll let someone else recommend them.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭battries not included

thanks for all the replies

So can you list game titles for me and your rating beside them, I know it's a personal choice I just wanted to get a balance view :)

thank you again

ps: nobody gave me a welcome to the club.... (PS3/XBOX) :(

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

for me the essential exclusives would be:

Xbox: Gears of War 1+2, Mass Effect 1+2, Alan Wake, Halo Reach
    Ps3: Uncharted 2, God Of War 3, Heavy Rain, inFamous, Killzone 2

then available on both: Red Dead Redemption, Dead Space, Bayonetta, Call of Duty MW1+2, Portal

that should start you off nicely :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Better to get ME2 on PS3, it runs much smoother apparently and has extra content. Tho you cant bring your saved char over.

Advertisement