Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wasn't it supposed to be nice today?

Options
  • 26-06-2011 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭

Some nice weather we have today - Lovely dark cloud where i am!

While in UK Temp's could reach 32 degree's.

Why is it always us, who gets the crap weather?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

You should be in the West, where its pissing since 2 o'clock with no sign of any let-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Smashing day here in Limerick anyway, from what I can tell by looking through the tiny windows in my workplace. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭irishdub14

Its not bad up here, sun breaking through now and its nice and warm.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

23C and humid in Dublin... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

About 23 in Athlone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Dull dull dull muggy and meh. Seriously another Met.ie flop forecast.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 y3llo_w

Awesome day here! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭MiNdGaM3

Great day in Cork city so far, blue skies and warm. Idyllic summers day!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

What are y'all talking about? Went out to wash the car and got sunburned in 40 mins! It's a savage day out there, well in Dublin anyhow! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭traecy1

RobitTV wrote: »
    Some nice weather we have today - Lovely dark cloud where i am!

While in UK Temp's could reach 32 degree's.

Why is it always us, who gets the crap weather?

Unfortunately Ireland is lying in a mild moist southerly airflow at the moment due to the warm front that moved north on Friday, hence all the cloud and mist. Southeast England is closer to the large anti-cyclone over central Europe at the moment which is feeding warm continental air into it. Could be a lot different tomorrow though as a cold front moves in from the Atlantic and brings much clearer, drier weather over us. As this cooler North Atlantic air clashes with the warm continental air over Britain, it could spark off some nasty thunderstorms and heavy rain there tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

mike65 wrote: »
    Dull dull dull muggy and meh. Seriously another Met.ie flop forecast.

It's beautiful in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Shulgin

Really nice evening here.. ahhhh... :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Hope it's a bit colder tomorrow: this heat makes me lazy :P Without the rain and clouds, that is -.-

The sun finally emerged at about 6 pm. Looking at the visible sat we were stuck in a coastal fog bank.

image2.ashx?region=gb

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

Scalding on the south dublin coast all day - 23.5 even in a stiff breeze - will be well a scaldy person walking around tomorrow/ Beautiful evening - currently 21c

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭kindredspirit

We got sunburnt today.

Glorious weather. Best day for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,415 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

was in monaghan today lovely hit about 20

got home to donegal 12 degrees and drizzle at 6pm :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

A real mixed bag today! I was in South Wexford today and it was windy with a sea fog and quite chilly, when I got back to Dublin around 5 o clock it was like arriving in a different country, 24 degrees and sunny.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

wasnt a great start to the day,overcast,but sun finaly broke through at about 5ish,lovely end to the day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Shane-KornSpace

cracking weather today in portlaoise. Hit over 22 i think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,842 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

damp, murky weather yesterday, with drizzle on and off, was followed by heavy rain for most of today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

The sun finally emerged at about 6 pm. Looking at the visible sat we were stuck in a coastal fog bank.

Which was forecast by Met Éireann.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

We got sunburnt today.

Glorious weather. Best day for a long time.

Amazing the difference in temperatures today, you might of caught a cold if you where up here in shorts today. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Can someone tell me which website is best to get local weather forecast .

We usually use two sites , - yr.no and accu .

Both are giving opposite forecast for tomorrow .

Which should we believe ?

met.ie says bright and the odd shower mid teens. Much like today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

met.ie says bright and the odd shower mid teens. Much like today.

The odd showers never came - Why can they not give correct forecast for just next day.

accu is forecasting the odd shower in Waterford tomorrow .- Interesting to see if they will be correct .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

The odd showers never came - Why can they not give correct forecast for just next day.

accu is forecasting the odd shower in Waterford tomorrow .- Interesting to see if they will be correct .

'The odd shower' doesn't mean you personally will see one where you are 100%, but that they are around.

Well here in Waterford City not far from you allthedoyles we had three or four showers today. Just goes to show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

Here's a snap shot of the showers that were building and moving around the country yesterday, including Wexford, so please please tell me this post is a piss-take.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,842 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

further to mike65's post, as black briar mentioned in the past, you can have shower trains in any given county, which means it could be fine all day where i am, but 5- 10 miles down the road it's bucketing down for most of the day. Also, as previously stated, odd showers means they are infrequent and may be well scattered- Which by definition increases the likelihood most places in any given county will miss them
    Ireland is a small country geographically, but in terms of weather there can be quite a contrast around the country on any particular day. This should be considered when met eireann are giving a forecast.

Advertisement