Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV to hifi

• 26-06-2011 3:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭

Hi

Need some help with connecting my tv to my hifi.

The hifi is this and the tv is this

Hifi connections:
    • Scart
    • Component video
    • Audio in jack

I want to use it as a dvd player but also use the hifi for tv/dvd/xbox audio.

Is this possible and what cables would I require?

Thanks for your help!

Souness

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭Souness

Anybody......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

For DVD Playback you're basically just using the TV as a monitor with no sound. So the best available connection on the Stereo is the Component Video out to the Component Video in on the TV. That sorts the DVD end.

For the XBox: HDMI from XBox to TV and Audio out from the TV Headphone connector to Audio in on the Stereo using a 3.5mm stereo jack to RCA phono connector (Red/White). Alternatively SCART Audio out (if available on the TV) to Analogue audio in on the Stereo using a SCART to RCA Phono connector (Red/White).

Using the Headphone or SCART audio as above should also pass the TV audio to the Stereo too I think. Some configuration may be required via the TVs config menu system.

Ken

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭Souness

Thanks Zener, time for some cable shopping.

Advertisement