Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Backroute into Nursing, Help needed!

Options
  • 26-06-2011 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Anyone know of a backroute into nursing? Is it possible to do a PLC for a year or is there a course out there that can be used as a stepping stone? Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated! :) Thanks.:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

There are pre nursing courses offered but from what I hear it's really competitive to get into nursing from it! There are 2 in Waterford, so I suppose in whichever county you live, there should be one too!

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭LittleMissLost

I know a girl who did a pre-nursing PLC and got into nrsing in the UK for september. Se wouldn't be that smart at all (sorry, too tired to think of a nicer way to put it :/ I don't mean to be horrible at all) so I don't think it's hard to get into the UK with a pre-nursing PLC :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

I know someone who's doing a Fás course atm to become a carer and supposedly you can go into nursing from it! I'm not too sure of the name but when I find out I'll PM you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭katiebelle

The fetac nursing studies course is pretty good and if you get really good results you do have a shot at getting into nursing in University. Its a good course generally and if you dont get nursing straight away it does open the door for work in many areas . Nursing homes , Enable ireland and places like that. I would advise you to also get involved in voluntary organizations like Red Cross Order of Malta or Civil defence. You can do lots of related courses through these organization and it all helps on the application and may even give you experience you need. Best of luck with it . That course has been a great stepping stone for my kids

Advertisement