Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Races accommodation

Options
  • 26-06-2011 5:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hello Boardies,

Will this race week be busy? I mean, whats your expectations for accomodation occupancy?

I have 2 apts and want to let them for that week for friends I know, and not able to put a correct rate on them (considering them being my friends)

I think that fact of how busy and how much demand on accomodation is, I would be able to put a reasonable (and acceptable) rate on them.

thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

It depends on how good friends you are I guess - if they feel you are trying to fleece them they will be put off.
    Charge whatever you'd charge a normal tenant a normal week?

From Galway City

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

If you want to keep them as friends then charge standard rate.

€250 a week maybe. Might seem low, I call that reasonable for a two bed apartment for the week

Raceweek is the week where many Galwegians attempt to rent at outrageous prices.
    Well charging what the market will bear I suppose but these are your friends

Where are the apartments? Is it Ballybrit or Doughiska so walkable to the track?
    I remember when Doughiska was but a country lane :)

If they are way out Westside, it's hassle with all the traffic even with the shuttle bus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭55

thanks guys - The 2 apts are 5* luxurious new, never been let or used.. I think 250 compared to the quality and what I have paid for when bought them.

The issue is, I think cleaning their mess, would cost 250 alright! - I heard from locals that 1k would be reasonable, though I dont think my friends will like it (even though they can afford it)

Location is in the city area within 5 mins walk to eyresquare - cant say the exact location for privacy reasons.

I do not want to open them to total randomers (through an ad) just because my heart beats faster when I think of how they will damage it.. been there before, and have seen how short term tenants can cause issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

1k for the week? gwanouttadat :pac:

My rate was €250 a week was low, I was thinking of €400 in the range too but I never thought of 1K

Are you in the Advertiser?
    Have you looked for similar ads and see what they are charging?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭55

mikemac wrote: »
    1k for the week? gwanouttadat :pac:

My rate was €250 a week was low, I was thinking of €400 in the range too but I never thought of 1K

Are you in the Advertiser?
    Have you looked for similar ads and see what they are charging?

yeap mike,

The property managment offered to let each at 1k - they very said easy let, especially with the big pockets guys who will bring to galway 5M over that week - lol

An apt in same building is newly let at 1.8K/month and neighbours (other buildings) had previous years for 1k/week on raceweek or xmas time.

400 would be very reasonable for me, if I was to rent an apt myself.

looked up the apts above tkmaxx (owned by the hotel) and they are asking 350/day!!! and 2 are already let... which drives me crazy!

I prefer not to let them than losing my friends (or hearing some teasers and rants someday :) )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Trishhall

Hi. My name is Patricia, I have a double bedroom with en suite. 15 mins walk of race course in Semi detached house. Would suit a couple or single woman. 35 euro per night or 200 for the week. Just became available today. Not interested in accommodating single men for the week, no offense guys. Please drop me an email to pthall1975@gmail.com for further details. Will repost in here when its taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 luap2007

Hi

I have accomodation available if you still require it for the races.

PM ME!

Regards
    L

• Registered Users Posts: 1 bellasinead

Hi to the 2 posters above - yes, i know it's a year ago!
    just wondering what the story is on your accommodation is for this year please

Hi

I have accomodation available if you still require it for certain days of the Galway Races

PM ME!

Regards,

L

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭BlackEdelweiss

Trishhall wrote: »
    Hi. My name is Patricia, I have a double bedroom with en suite. 15 mins walk of race course in Semi detached house. Would suit a couple or single woman. 35 euro per night or 200 for the week. Just became available today. Not interested in accommodating single men for the week, no offense guys. Please drop me an email to pthall1975@gmail.com for further details. Will repost in here when its taken.

Now that's how to hijack a thread. Way to go Patricia!

• Advertisement

Hi

Rooms available for Race Week,

House is a 2 minute Drive or a 10 Minute Walk to Race Course.

House on Bus Route into town.

Beside Supermarket, Off License, Chemist Etc

Rooms Available For the Monday,Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday & Sat

PM If Interested

Thanks

Advertisement