Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Issue with HTC Desire-Z after factory reset.

• 26-06-2011 5:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭

My HTC Desire-Z was getting a bit sluggish so I backed up everything using "My Backup Pro" and did a factory reset.
    So far so good, the phone reboots into factory settings and works fine but when I go to the Android market to download "My Backup Pro" (so that I can restore some of the settings & data) it immediately tries to download 70+ apps that I had on the phone prior to the reset.
    This seems to mess things up and all the downloads fail.
    I have reset the phone again to see if this fixes it but no such luck.
    Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Its probably downloading all the apps that you have already paid for.
    Log out of your market gmail account and get backup pro here.
    http://www.4shared.com/file/No7dMR80/My_Backup_Pro_240.htm

Install that and away you go.

Because you paid for the apps already the market is just automatically downloading them all again for you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

Thanks, I tried that but after I install the app it tells me that a newer version is available and forces me to download that triggering all those other downloads.
    I suspect that I'm not logged out of my Google account correctly, any idea how to check that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Just put the phone into airplane mode. If it has no internet it shouldn't be able to check it. Might work. Not 100% if it will or not but worth a shot.

There might be newer versions on 4shared.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

mayhem# wrote: »
    My HTC Desire-Z was getting a bit sluggish so I backed up everything using "My Backup Pro" and did a factory reset.
    So far so good, the phone reboots into factory settings and works fine but when I go to the Android market to download "My Backup Pro" (so that I can restore some of the settings & data) it immediately tries to download 70+ apps that I had on the phone prior to the reset.
    This seems to mess things up and all the downloads fail.
    I have reset the phone again to see if this fixes it but no such luck.
    Any ideas?

I've noticed this also, Google now backs up and restores your apps too. Must be a new feature, let it run and finish.

@seanybiker Finally got it working following your advice. Thanks.

• Advertisement

I also noticed while setting up my Google account that there is actually an option to stop Google from storing your passwords & login details (used to access wifi etc) online.

Advertisement