Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pleasure and pain...

• 26-06-2011 6:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭

Hi lads,

The Pleasure...

I got my match 54, now this rifle seems to be well known as an extremely accurate rifle among the benchrest fraternity down in MNSCI. (so no pressure then :rolleyes:)

DSCF2506.jpg

DSCF2505.jpg

DSCF2504.jpg

DSCF2503.jpg

DSCF2502.jpg

DSCF2501.jpg

I was shooting away wondering what I was doing wrong, as I knew the rifle was able to do a lot better and the fault was mine.... Then along came my savior a chap called Robbie and Robbie certainly knew what he was talking about. Robbie was good enough to share his wealth of knowledge with some of us and I being the BR virgin needed it most of all. So after my messing about and about 50 rounds, I tried my first BR target sheet...

DSCF2508.jpg

244 on my first ever BR target so still a lot of work to do, like change my rest bags as in BR the bags should NOT hold the rifle but allow it to slide, Trigger work and learn to read the wind and lots more, better scope with fine reticle ... but I have to say, I really enjoyed it and a BIG thanks to Robbie .

The Pain...

I got home from the range to find my wife was not impressed ...
    The car (seat alhambra) had started bellowing out black smoke and had no power :eek::eek::eek:

YEP , the TURBO is F**KED...:mad::mad:

This is going to be expencive €€€ and that the price of my new scope GONE :eek::mad:

Pleasure and pain!!!

FISH

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

F**k the car buy the scope ;)

Nice shooter lad well ware :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,064 ✭✭✭clivej

I have to agree with BS here, you'd better start walking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

The car (seat alhambra) had started bellowing out black smoke and had no power :eek::eek::eek:

YEP , the TURBO is F**KED...:mad::mad:

This is going to be expencive €€€ and that the price of my new scope GONE :eek::mad:

Pleasure and pain!!!

FISH
    There's a fairly decent motoring section here on boards, dunno if someone there can help you or even if you need help? tend to agree with your diagnosis about turbo, though no harm throwing a post in there for some opinions or parts prices / where to get it fixed if you can't do it.

Best of luck with the gun and just be happy that SOMETHING is going well in your life!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭dax121

nice piece of kit well wear. and on the side of the turbo check all pipes going to the turbo and intercooler as one could of slipped off. and it happens a good bit and worth checking

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Savage93

nice one, shame about the turbo, how do you find the Zos scope, if you're selling give me a PM, I might be interested depending on bucks wanted and feedback on your impressions of it, cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

Sav,

The scope is plenty good enough. shooting in the 240's with a lot still to learn, so can't complain. It is going up for sale as I'd rather a fine cross hair. so if you interested Pm me...

Fish

Advertisement