Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox to support free to play games -report

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,445 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd probably be more likely to play a free to play MMO on a console than a PC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Jaffusmaximus

I would be happier if they allowed multiplayer games to be played for free online, I am half considering allowing my subscription to lapse.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,445 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I would be happier if they allowed multiplayer games to be played for free online, I am half considering allowing my subscription to lapse.

Make sure you cancel your credit card. They banned me for letting it lapse and they couldn't charge the temporary CC I used :rolleyes:

Gaming used to be so much simpler:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Could be good, most likely be naff. Some F2P games are good: World of Tanks, Spiral Knights was a good bit of fun, Team Fortress 2 :P

Have to wait and see what gets pushed out before judging.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Make sure you cancel your credit card. They banned me for letting it lapse and they couldn't charge the temporary CC I used :rolleyes:

Thats what happens when you dont read the fine print. Your not paying for a set time, your paying for a subscription

thorbarry wrote: »
    Thats what happens when you dont read the fine print. Your not paying for a set time, your paying for a subscription

Still a lousy way of handling it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Still a lousy way of handling it.

Agreed. The credit card control on the console is mad.

A parent pays for a sub for their kid, and the kid is free to use the card.

Unless of course the parent reads the fine print and puts a parental lock on the console. Most people have no idea the their card is being stored on the console

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Assume you will still have to be Gold to play the games.

I once traded an xbox console at gamestop and never taught to delete my CC details, I was sick when some kid was running up a tab at my expense, my fault I know and lesson learned.
    Signing up to most things have got so convoluted and with various the terms and condition people have a harder time avoiding penalties, its not customer friendly at all. I for one don't have the patience to read the terms and conditions of every game, update or subscription I have signed up to. Check out South Park and the Humancentipad episode to see what I mean :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I'd probably be more likely to play a free to play MMO on a console than a PC.

Why?

Dcully wrote: »
    Why?

Just find it easier to turn on my console and burn a few minutes grinding than turn on a PC and wait for it to boto and do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,466 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

buy an SSD, problem solved

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

thats a strange one indeed :D Couldn't imagine how wow would play on a console.. pretty badly i'd think :D

Just find it easier to turn on my console and burn a few minutes grinding than turn on a PC and wait for it to boto and do the same.

Your taking the piss for sure mate.
    My PC boots faster than my consoles.
    As for doing the same, id like to see anyone play todays MMO`s effectively with a pad,if they had keyboard/mouse support then yes for sure but any MMO i play have anything from 30-40 actions/skills that i need to be able to click/use in a fraction of a second.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Imagine if they added Keyboard and mouse support to the next gen of consoles (Proper support that is). Blizzard would probably jump on board with their next MMO maybe... would be awesome. Would be especially awesome if steam got more intergrating into the PS3/4. May even get a proper revival of RTS games aswel maybe.

I can only dream i guess :)

Your taking the piss for sure mate.
    My PC boots faster than my consoles.
    As for doing the same, id like to see anyone play todays MMO`s effectively with a pad,if they had keyboard/mouse support then yes for sure but any MMO i play have anything from 30-40 actions/skills that i need to be able to click/use in a fraction of a second.

Well mine doesn't and I've not got the money to buy a new one! It's more to do with my situation at the moment.Only able to get two hours gaming in every night so handhelds are my main system with a bit of consoles.

Well mine doesn't and I've not got the money to buy a new one! It's more to do with my situation at the moment.Only able to get two hours gaming in every night so handhelds are my main system with a bit of consoles.

You said you would be more likely to play an MMO "on a console than a PC" , no mention of your own situation.That seemed to be a statement that you would prefer to play an MMO on a console instead of a PC in general hence my query :)

Magill wrote: »
    Imagine if they added Keyboard and mouse support to the next gen of consoles (Proper support that is). Blizzard would probably jump on board with their next MMO maybe... would be awesome. Would be especially awesome if steam got more intergrating into the PS3/4. May even get a proper revival of RTS games aswel maybe.

I can only dream i guess :)

Imagine indeed it would be excellent.

You said you would be more likely to play an MMO "on a console than a PC" , no mention of your own situation.That seemed to be a statement that you would prefer to play an MMO on a console instead of a PC in general hence my query :)

Sorry about that. It's just for me when I sit down to play a PC game I can't sit down for a couple of minutes. It has to be a multihour marathon :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement