Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Scam

Options
  • 26-06-2011 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,090 ✭✭✭✭

Watch out for a little scam from Vodafone. They are sending out texts to some customers announcing a one for one top up bonus up to €20 in value if you top up within a few days.

These offers are only valid for the person who receives them.

My wife got one of these, told me about it, topped up, and got the credit. I thought it was a general special offer and topped up also and didn't get any extra credit.

Why I am calling it a scam is because there is nothing in the notification to say it is an exclusive offer and I really do not believe they would not be aware that people receiving such an offer wouldn't tell other people about it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

That's not a scam. That's you assuming. The text was sent to your wife, and she got the credit. Networks do that the whole time. There are general offers and there are specific customer offers. She was probably picked randomly because of some marketing algorithm.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Oh for fuck sake...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

cnocbui wrote: »
    Watch out for a little scam from Vodafone. They are sending out texts to some customers announcing a one for one top up bonus up to €20 in value if you top up within a few days.

These offers are only valid for the person who receives them.

My wife got one of these, told me about it, topped up, and got the credit. I thought it was a general special offer and topped up also and didn't get any extra credit.

Why I am calling it a scam is because there is nothing in the notification to say it is an exclusive offer and I really do not believe they would not be aware that people receiving such an offer wouldn't tell other people about it.

Are you serious?

The network offered your wife a special deal, you decided you wanted it as well and now say its a scam as you did not get it ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

this isnt a scam. you simply assumed.
    pm me if you have any issues.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement